Fiverr Becomes First Large Services Marketplace to Accept Bitcoin
NEW YORK, February 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Fiverr, the world’s largest marketplace for services starting at $5, announces today its partnership with bitcoin payments company Coinbase. Bitcoin provides a cutting-edge peer-to-peer technology for currency exchange; an ideal Fiverr is built upon. This partnership embodies a new way to pay for a new way to work; bolstering the entrepreneurial vision of both enterprising companies.
Fiverr mobile and desktop already give users direct access to over 3.6 million Gigs® in over 120 product and service categories, with sellers providing services starting at $5 upwards to $8,000. With significant sign-up and daily user growth, the implementation of Coinbase symbolizes advancement in the future of currency and global engagement for Fiverr reaching new audiences.
According to Michael Taillard, Professor of Economics at Bellevue University, “As companies like Fiverr make services available to bitcoin users, users will have greater consumer options and increase the bitcoin’s value and stability by expanding and diversifying the value of transactions in which bitcoins are used.”
Coinbase has partnered with leading companies including Overstock.com and fancy.com. Now, Fiverr users have the option to avoid third party involvement in their transactions. Buyers and sellers can quickly and securely transfer money without borders via Coinbase.
“Fiverr is one of the leading disruptors of the Gig Economy”, says Fiverr Director of Business Development, Constantine Anastasakis. “Our community is passionate about innovation and creativity and Bitcoin represents this spirit of innovation in the payment space. It is only natural that Fiverr will be in the forefront of marketplaces embracing this new digital currency and security standards.”
“Our partnership with Fiverr brings the community another step closer to broad consumer adoption of bitcoin,” says Adam White, Director of Business Development, Coinbase. “This further validates that cryptocurrencies are a trusted, widely accepted form of payment.”
Coinbase has raised $31 million in funding, including $25 million from Andreessen Horowitz last December as the company has increased security and control standardization for digital wallet offerings. The partnership with Fiverr, backed by Accel and Bessemer, marks an innovative way for entrepreneurs to exchange currency for work.
Fiverr creates jobs for talented people from all around the world. As the leader of the Gig Economy, Fiverr is proving that everyone has a chance for financial independence by doing what they love. Fiverr is the world’s largest marketplace for services (Gigs), currently listing 3.6 million+ Gigs in 120 categories across more than 196 countries. Fiverr is one of the top 150 websites in the world according to Alexa.com. Fiverr, founded by Micha Kaufman and Shai Wininger, has a team of 100 people with offices in New York and Tel Aviv. The company is backed by Accel Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners. For more information on the leader of the Gig Economy, visit Fiverr.com.
- Pingback from Fiverr Becomes First Large Services Marketplace to Accept Bitcoin - Responsivemts | Responsivemts
- Pingback from Fiverr Becomes First Large Services Marketplace to Accept Bitcoin | Make Money With Fiverr, http://fiverr5.com
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]