Five Tips for Empowering Brand Advocates to Create Effective Content
ADOTAS — These days, consumers are increasingly tuning out traditional marketing, which is why savvy marketers are turning to original content to increase brand awareness and drive sales. It’s a move that resonates with potential customers: 78% of consumers believe that brands that provide original content are interested in building positive relationships.
The key to building and capitalizing on consumer relationships is to provide quality content. But that’s no easy task – good content that effectively fuels social media channels and engages users can be expensive and difficult to produce.
That’s where brand advocates come into the picture. Brand advocates – people who love the brand and are willing to create content or are already doing so – are a valuable and often overlooked resource. Here some tips to help you put brand advocates to work for your company:
1. Help brand advocates get started: It’s a good idea to kick off a brand advocate campaign or brainstorming session with a prompt. Select a fun theme or topic to create parameters around brand advocate activities, with an eye toward generating content that makes your brand more relatable and personable. Suggesting an activity is a terrific way to get rolling – for example, a suggestion to post fun photos of a shopping experience.
2. Let their originality shine through: One thing that makes brand advocacy so effective is the authenticity of the content. To maximize that asset, don’t be too prescriptive when launching a new campaign. You don’t want to see 20 too-similar posts: It’s better to get a variety of original takes on your theme. Sometimes advocates’ content will surprise you with its originality – and effectiveness.
3. Keep it fresh: When you’re managing a brand advocate campaign, it’s a good idea to frequently supply new prompts and information. Giving brand advocates new information keeps them inspired and ensures that they have more opportunities to contribute. Make sure you let them know when new content is available from you.
4. Include brand advocates as partners at events: When your company participates in tradeshows or high-profile industry events, it’s an excellent idea to give brand advocates an opportunity to provide behind-the-scenes reports from the event. Their personal photos and accounts can help bring the brand and exhibit to life.
5. Give brand advocates first access to products and content: It’s no secret that people like being “in the know” and the first to receive new information. If you provide brand advocates with a first look at new products and significant new information, it will make them feel more a part of your brand and inspire them to produce compelling content.
Content created by brand advocates is incredibly persuasive: Research shows that user-generated content inspires 10 times more engagement than paid content and seven times more engagement than content posted to brand-owned channels.
If you’re ready to put the awesome power of brand advocacy to work for your company, these tips can help you cultivate brand advocate relationships and channel their energy in a positive direction. If handled effectively, brand advocates can be a powerful new weapon in your brand building and product awareness arsenal.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,
- conversion optimization examples | JIM BULDO: [...] SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social MarketingADOTAS, on Fri, 07 Mar 2014