Extreme Reach Completes Acquisition of DG’s TV Advertising Business for $485 Million
NEEDHAM, Mass., February 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Extreme Reach, Inc., the leading video platform for integrated TV, online and mobile video advertising, announced today that it has completed its acquisition of the TV business of Digital Generation, Inc. (DG, NASDAQ: DGIT) for $485 million in cash. The combined company has revenues of $270 million and over 750 employees.
DG was a leading provider of distribution solutions for television advertising. Its offices and personnel will be immediately integrated into Extreme Reach. All DG TV customers and assets will be transitioned onto the Extreme Reach cloud platform. DG customers will immediately benefit because the platform offers greater efficiency, speed and reliability over the satellite and tape distribution model.
The Extreme Reach digital network is the world’s largest and includes over 7,000 North American TV media destinations and thousands of online video publishers. The company’s platform enables the execution of TV and online video advertising campaigns across every screen and device. Extreme Reach is also a leader in talent and rights management. The tabulation and management of talent royalties is automatic and completely integrated into the Extreme Reach platform and all online advertising and talent capabilities are immediately available to all former DG clients.
“DG provided TV distribution solutions to nearly 6,000 advertisers and agencies,” said John Roland (pictured), CEO of Extreme Reach. “Our combined client base of over 9,000 includes most of the largest TV advertisers and all of their TV ads are now managed on our platform. This acquisition underscores our aggressive growth strategy and solidifies our position as the TV and online video advertising convergence leader. We provide thousands of advertisers and agencies with the most effective way possible to leverage their video advertising across every screen and device.”
DG operated offices and broadcast advertising service facilities in thirteen markets across North America with headquarters in Irving, Texas. Prior to the acquisition, Extreme Reach also operated offices and facilities in seven of those markets. Extreme Reach headquarters is located in Needham, MA.
Tim Conley, COO of Extreme Reach said, “Now that this acquisition is complete, we’re excited to welcome DG’s experienced team to Extreme Reach. We couldn’t be happier about our growing Service team. And, by bringing our offices together in seven shared markets, we’re able to leverage new synergies and enable greater efficiencies for all of our clients.”
The acquisition was financed by a combination of existing cash, debt financing and new equity from existing investors of Extreme Reach. Spectrum Equity, which invested $51 million in Extreme Reach in May 2013, invested an additional $35 million. All other Extreme Reach investors also participated in the financing: Village Ventures, Greycroft Partners and Long River Ventures. Berenson & Company acted as exclusive financial advisor and Pierce Atwood LLP acted as legal advisor to Extreme Reach in the transaction. Choate, Hall & Stewart acted as legal advisor to Spectrum Equity. J.P. Morgan and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey acted as joint lead arrangers and joint book runners for the $465 million debt facility.
About Extreme Reach
Extreme Reach is the leading provider of cross-media video advertising solutions that span TV, web, mobile and all other video media. The Extreme Reach video platform enables the seamless management, delivery and measurement of multi-screen advertising campaigns. The company’s cross-media video ad delivery network is the largest in the world. Thousands of advertisers and agencies look to Extreme Reach to connect and simplify their video advertising. The company is headquartered in Needham, Mass., with offices in thirteen cities across North America. Extreme Reach is one of America’s 200 fastest growing private companies (#171, Inc. 500, 2013).
For more information, visit the Extreme Reach website: extremereach.com.
- Pingback from Television Advertising | Advertisingworld.co
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]