Ebuzzing Posts $67.5 Million in Revenue Following US Expansion
NEW YORK, February 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Ebuzzing, the fastest growing online video technology company in Europe, announced today it has achieved a profitable year in 2013, the second year in a row. With revenue of US$67.5 million and $4.0 million estimated EBITDA, the company grew by 31% year-on-year. Video advertising revenue grew 41% to $61 million.
The company, which has established itself as the experts in online video advertising in Europe, is set to achieve a similar success story on the other side of the pond. After opening their offices in New York (US HQ) and Miami (LatAm HQ) in September, the US and LatAm teams turned over US$1 million in December alone after only one quarter of activity.
While other platforms often focus on pre-roll formats, Ebuzzing create new video advertising distribution channels that leverage the interactive nature of the Web. Ebuzzing’s global network covers 26,000 media and premium websites, influential blogs, mobile, tablet and desktop apps and social media sites in over 90 countries.
“It is an exciting time for the industry and personally for Ebuzzing,” said co-founder and CEO Pierre Chappaz (pictured). ”Our focus on technology allows us to develop formats enabling advertisers to target and engage with their audiences more effectively but also offering an alternative to publishers to better monetize their online content. This consequently protects the quality of their journalism without penalizing their readership.” He continues: “2014 is going to be the year of Native Video Advertising, thanks to contextual formats embedded into media articles, and Mobile, where Ebuzzing brings numerous innovative solutions.”
The Native Revolution
One format that is revolutionizing the online video advertising industry is Native. The format is consensual and contextual and as with all Ebuzzing formats is user-initiated and is also relevant to the environment it lives in, almost becoming part of the editorial itself.
Ebuzzing CMO Rebecca Mahony said, “We worked with Nielsen to investigate how viewers perceive the Native format and found that the unique format of the article expanding helps to convey perceptions of innovation. 20% of the viewers who recall the ad very strongly agreed that they prefer it to other advertising on the Internet (vs 13% for pre-roll) and those who recalled Native placements stated they were least likely to find the placement irritating.”
Ebuzzing is the trusted online video partner of many of the world’s leading brands such as Heineken, MasterCard, SONY, Toyota, Red Bull, Adidas and many more.
Ebuzzing is the fastest growing online video technology company in Europe and the global experts in video advertising. Ebuzzing creates engaging, high impact video experiences, distributing video ads to audiences through placements within social media, and premium media properties.
To date, they have distributed thousands of campaigns for the world’s leading brands including Heineken, Acer, LG, Samsung, Evian and Adidas.
Founded by Bertrand Quesada and Pierre Chappaz in 2007, Ebuzzing now has over 250 employees with offices in New York, London and across France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Luxembourg, Morocco and Dubai. It’s R&D department employs 50 people, demonstrating the company’s commitment to innovation.
Ebuzzing has raised a total of $32 million from Lightspeed Ventures, Gemini Ventures, Gimv and TF1.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Lotame today announced [...] more »
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success March 12th 2014
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV