Ebuzzing Posts $67.5 Million in Revenue Following US Expansion
NEW YORK, February 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Ebuzzing, the fastest growing online video technology company in Europe, announced today it has achieved a profitable year in 2013, the second year in a row. With revenue of US$67.5 million and $4.0 million estimated EBITDA, the company grew by 31% year-on-year. Video advertising revenue grew 41% to $61 million.
The company, which has established itself as the experts in online video advertising in Europe, is set to achieve a similar success story on the other side of the pond. After opening their offices in New York (US HQ) and Miami (LatAm HQ) in September, the US and LatAm teams turned over US$1 million in December alone after only one quarter of activity.
While other platforms often focus on pre-roll formats, Ebuzzing create new video advertising distribution channels that leverage the interactive nature of the Web. Ebuzzing’s global network covers 26,000 media and premium websites, influential blogs, mobile, tablet and desktop apps and social media sites in over 90 countries.
“It is an exciting time for the industry and personally for Ebuzzing,” said co-founder and CEO Pierre Chappaz (pictured). ”Our focus on technology allows us to develop formats enabling advertisers to target and engage with their audiences more effectively but also offering an alternative to publishers to better monetize their online content. This consequently protects the quality of their journalism without penalizing their readership.” He continues: “2014 is going to be the year of Native Video Advertising, thanks to contextual formats embedded into media articles, and Mobile, where Ebuzzing brings numerous innovative solutions.”
The Native Revolution
One format that is revolutionizing the online video advertising industry is Native. The format is consensual and contextual and as with all Ebuzzing formats is user-initiated and is also relevant to the environment it lives in, almost becoming part of the editorial itself.
Ebuzzing CMO Rebecca Mahony said, “We worked with Nielsen to investigate how viewers perceive the Native format and found that the unique format of the article expanding helps to convey perceptions of innovation. 20% of the viewers who recall the ad very strongly agreed that they prefer it to other advertising on the Internet (vs 13% for pre-roll) and those who recalled Native placements stated they were least likely to find the placement irritating.”
Ebuzzing is the trusted online video partner of many of the world’s leading brands such as Heineken, MasterCard, SONY, Toyota, Red Bull, Adidas and many more.
Ebuzzing is the fastest growing online video technology company in Europe and the global experts in video advertising. Ebuzzing creates engaging, high impact video experiences, distributing video ads to audiences through placements within social media, and premium media properties.
To date, they have distributed thousands of campaigns for the world’s leading brands including Heineken, Acer, LG, Samsung, Evian and Adidas.
Founded by Bertrand Quesada and Pierre Chappaz in 2007, Ebuzzing now has over 250 employees with offices in New York, London and across France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Luxembourg, Morocco and Dubai. It’s R&D department employs 50 people, demonstrating the company’s commitment to innovation.
Ebuzzing has raised a total of $32 million from Lightspeed Ventures, Gemini Ventures, Gimv and TF1.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]