Conversant Acquires Digital Video Technology Company SET Media
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.,February 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Conversant, Inc. (Nasdaq: CNVR) today announced it has completed the acquisition of SET Media, a digital video technology company that connects brands with people through high quality, targeted and brand safe video advertising. The acquisition strengthens Conversant’s technology stack and portfolio of highly differentiated products for ad agencies and media professionals within digital video advertising, a global market opportunity expected to grow from $5.3 billion in 2012 to $15.1 billion in 2016.
The acquisition will add critical video targeting capabilities to Conversant’s personalization platform, unveiled earlier this week as the company announced its rebranding from ValueClick to Conversant. SET Media’s clients include Fortune 500 companies in the automotive, consumer, lifestyle, media and restaurant categories.
“SET Media is the ideal video technology to complement our dynamic advertising capabilities,” said John Giuliani (pictured), president and CEO of Conversant. “By adding their innovative technology and expertise to the Conversant personalization platform, we further strengthen our ability to provide agencies and media professionals with personalized digital marketing campaigns at scale in the highly demanded video channel.”
Through SET Media technology, Conversant will gain a deeper understanding of consumers’ video interests and be able to offer superior contextual targeting. Integrating this technology with Conversant’s personalization platform will enable audience targeting at scale yet to be achieved in digital video advertising. Lastly, all of Conversant’s video advertising products will be supported by SET Media’s state-of-the-art brand safety technology providing a new level of transparency in digital video advertising.
SET Media has the exclusive ability to provide campaign reporting at inventory level, showing advertisers each sponsored video while ensuring complete brand preservation and performance optimization. Using proprietary object, facial and motion detection, SET Media’s discovery and targeting platform runs advertisers’ content only on videos most relevant to their brand.
SET Media, founded in 2007, has offices in San Francisco and New York. The company’s management team and employee base will join Conversant. Michael Mathieu, CEO of SET, added: “The biggest brands are demanding television accountability, safety and scale digitally with video. We’re excited to join the Conversant team and have the world’s best brands use our technology to scale video advertising like never before.”
Conversant, Inc. (Nasdaq: CNVR) is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Combining the strengths of ValueClick Media, Commission Junction, Mediaplex, Greystripe and Dotomi, Conversant helps the world’s biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world’s largest affiliate marketing network – all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the risk that market demand for on-line advertising in general, and performance based on-line advertising in particular, will not grow as rapidly as predicted, and the risk that legislation and governmental regulation could negatively impact the Company’s performance. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted, and reported results should not be considered an indication of future performance. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements are detailed under “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission made from time to time by Conversant, including, but not limited to: its annual report on Form 10-K filed on February 27, 2013; recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q; and other current reports on Form 8-K.
- Pingback from Conversant Acquires Digital Video Technology Company SET Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts
- Pingback from Adotas
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]