‘Brand Activation: Shift Happens®’ is Theme of BAA’s Powerful 2014 Marketing Conference
NEW YORK, January 31, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Cutting-edge marketers from such leading brands as Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Kraft, JetBlue and Benjamin Moore will help prepare attendees at the Brand Activation Association’s (BAA) 2014 Annual Marketing Conference in Chicago, March 26-27, for the seismic shifts occurring in Brand Activation.
Covering such critical topics as “Beyond Positioning: Bringing a Brand Strategy to Life” and “Shifting into the Customer-centric World of the Ultra-connected, ADHD Customer”, the conference will be broken down into several general sessions led by senior marketers along with breakout sessions designed to provide deeper dives and more practical “how to” information on specific elements of Brand Activation.
According to Bonnie Carlson (pictured), BAA President and CEO, as the lines between promotion and shopper marketing continue to blur and new technologies and techniques change, some dramatic shifts are taking place in the industry. “This year’s Annual Marketing Conference will feature the industry’s best and brightest brand marketers sharing their Brand Activation success stories along all the six drivers to help attendees take advantage of these shifts,” said Carlson.
Presentations will be based on all six drivers of Brand Activation, focusing on the key ingredients necessary to have them work together to maximize results:
- Promotion Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Experiential Marketing
- Relationship Marketing
- Retailer Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
Featured presenters include:
- Marty St. George, SVP Marketing, JetBlue
- David Melancon, EVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Benjamin Moore
- George Leon, EVP Worldwide Consumer Marketing, Sony Pictures
- Guy Duncan, Global Creative Content Director, Coca-Cola
- John Lewicki, Head of Global Alliances, McDonald’s
Other leading speakers include Brand Activation experts from marketers Kraft Foods, Ford Motor Co., McDonald’s Canada, United Airlines, General Mills, Kellogg, Kimberly-Clark, Celebrity Cruises, Wrigley’s and Whirlpool, as well as from Catapult Marketing, Omnicom Group, Mintel, Shankman/Honig, Penn, Schoen Berland, Zeus Jones, Brand Connections, Manatt, Phelps and Phillips, Superfly Marketing Group (Bonaroo), Olson Engage and Shift Happens®.
REGGIE Awards Take Center Stage
A major feature of the BAA Annual Marketing Conference will once again be the prestigious REGGIE Awards, which will celebrate its 31 year as the preeminent awards competition for the marketing industry. Hundreds of entries have been submitted, with Gold, Silver and Bronze awards to be presented at the conference-ending Gala, along with the Super REGGIE Award for the best of the best.
Providing the entertainment at this year’s Gala will be Grammy-nominated and Platinum-selling group The Plain White Tees. The 2nd Annual Brand Brilliance Awards will also be presented during the conference, awarding four industry-leading marketers with awards for long-term Marketing excellence.
“Whether you’re a brand marketer, agency, lawyer or supplier, the BAA Annual Marketing Conference represents an outstanding opportunity to learn about the latest trends, what’s working, and what isn’t, from those who are actually doing these things every day,” said Bruce Hollander, EVP of Don Jagoda Associates. “It’s current, it’s educational, it’s fun, and it’s a great networking opportunity.”
For more information about the BAA Annual Marketing Conference, including registration information and a complete listing of the conference program, visit www.baalink.org/event/baa-annual-marketing-conference.
BAA, BAAlink and REGGIE are trademarks and/or trade names of the Brand Activation Association and/or BAA Educational Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved. Shift Happens!® is a Registered Trademark and is used by permission. Copyright © 2014 James Feldman. All rights reserved. Speakers are subject to change by BAA without prior notice.
The Brand Activation Association (BAA) — the rebranded Promotion Marketing Association (PMA) – is the national non-profit trade association dedicated to the industry of marketing disciplines that motivate behavior, activate response and build brands. Representing over $750 billion dollars in sales, brand activation disciplines include all the myriad connection points with the consumer, such as digital/mobile/social media marketing, shopper/retailer marketing, experiential marketing, marketing law, promotion marketing, multi-cultural and niche marketing, cause marketing, and sports, entertainment and sponsorship marketing.
Founded in 1911, the BAA has championed this industry through its combination of research, education, advocacy, and collaboration opportunities. The organization’s membership is comprised of Fortune 500 companies; top marketing agencies, law firms, retailers, service providers and academia, representing thousands of brands worldwide. The BAA is headquartered in New York City with its affiliate, the BAA Educational Foundation, Inc. For more information about BAA visit www.baalink.org.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]