Blue Calypso Takes Early Round Over Groupon in Patent Dispute
DALLAS, February 20, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Blue Calypso, Inc., a marketing analytics and brand advocacy innovator, has received notice that the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) has decided not to institute a review of four claims of Blue Calypso patent number 8,438,055 (’055) despite Groupon’s petition.
“Now four claims in the ’055 patent have been resolved in our favor,” stated Blue Calypso CEO Bill Ogle. “Historically, the PTAB has shown a propensity to grant most petitions to review claims for Covered Business Method review (CBMR), but in this case was not convinced that these four claims should be reviewed.”
Here’s a brief timeline of the ongoing legal battle:
- In 2012 and 2013, Blue Calypso brought suit against Groupon, FourSquare, Yelp and IZEA, claiming infringement on five patents owned by Blue Calypso.
- In June and August 2013, Groupon petitioned the PTAB for a review of all claims in the 5 issued patents owned by Blue Calypso.
- In February 2014, the PTAB rejected Groupon’s request to reexamine regarding four claims of the ’055 patent.
“We are pleased with the first PTAB action related to Blue Calypso and look forward to the results of the remaining CBMR proceedings later this year,” concluded Ogle.
About Blue Calypso
Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP) develops digital innovation products and services for the social media marketplace using its patented IP portfolio. The company enables businesses to employ digital advertising to share and socialize brand content as well as track performance, monitor engagements and gather robust analytics. Already, Blue Calypso has attracted a handful of large, well-known consumer facing companies in automotive, retail, travel and consumer goods. Blue Calypso licenses its IP in addition to offering digital innovation services through Blue Calypso Labs and solutions including POPSHARE™, SOCIALECHO™, EMGAGE™ and DashTAGG™. For more about the company please visit www.bluecalypso.com.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical or current fact constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other unknown factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from historical results or from any future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. In addition to statements which explicitly describe such risks and uncertainties, readers are urged to consider statements labeled with the terms “believes,” “belief,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “will,” or “plans” to be uncertain and forward-looking. The forward-looking statements contained herein are also subject generally to other risks and uncertainties that are described from time to time in the Company’s reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]