Blue Calypso Takes Early Round Over Groupon in Patent Dispute
DALLAS, February 20, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Blue Calypso, Inc., a marketing analytics and brand advocacy innovator, has received notice that the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) has decided not to institute a review of four claims of Blue Calypso patent number 8,438,055 (’055) despite Groupon’s petition.
“Now four claims in the ’055 patent have been resolved in our favor,” stated Blue Calypso CEO Bill Ogle. “Historically, the PTAB has shown a propensity to grant most petitions to review claims for Covered Business Method review (CBMR), but in this case was not convinced that these four claims should be reviewed.”
Here’s a brief timeline of the ongoing legal battle:
- In 2012 and 2013, Blue Calypso brought suit against Groupon, FourSquare, Yelp and IZEA, claiming infringement on five patents owned by Blue Calypso.
- In June and August 2013, Groupon petitioned the PTAB for a review of all claims in the 5 issued patents owned by Blue Calypso.
- In February 2014, the PTAB rejected Groupon’s request to reexamine regarding four claims of the ’055 patent.
“We are pleased with the first PTAB action related to Blue Calypso and look forward to the results of the remaining CBMR proceedings later this year,” concluded Ogle.
About Blue Calypso
Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP) develops digital innovation products and services for the social media marketplace using its patented IP portfolio. The company enables businesses to employ digital advertising to share and socialize brand content as well as track performance, monitor engagements and gather robust analytics. Already, Blue Calypso has attracted a handful of large, well-known consumer facing companies in automotive, retail, travel and consumer goods. Blue Calypso licenses its IP in addition to offering digital innovation services through Blue Calypso Labs and solutions including POPSHARE™, SOCIALECHO™, EMGAGE™ and DashTAGG™. For more about the company please visit www.bluecalypso.com.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical or current fact constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other unknown factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from historical results or from any future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. In addition to statements which explicitly describe such risks and uncertainties, readers are urged to consider statements labeled with the terms “believes,” “belief,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “will,” or “plans” to be uncertain and forward-looking. The forward-looking statements contained herein are also subject generally to other risks and uncertainties that are described from time to time in the Company’s reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Xcelerated Marketing Recognized with Top Honors at 2014 Content Marketing Awards
- InMobi inks global partnership with Factual to increase Mobile Ad Efficacy for Brands
- Eyeview and LiveRamp Partnership Delivers Powerful Data Solutions to Brands
- Rubicon Project Selected to Power Global Exchange for International Media Group, Future plc
- Evolve Media Further Strengthens Viewability Through Partnership with Moat