AddThis Reveals the Social Media Super Bowl Winners
VIENNA, Va., February 3, 2014 (ADOTAS) – In a post-game analysis of Super Bowl XLVIII, AddThis has identified the advertisers, celebrities and key moments from the game that generated the most buzz and online consumer engagement during the game.
AddThis is the world’s largest content engagement platform and its tools helped advertisers, publishers and brands drive targeted content engagement that reached over one trillion page views in 2013. According to AddThis data, trends seen during Super Bowl XLVIII include:
- Maserati (65X and 53X) exceeded Kia (61X) and Jaguar (53X) to see the largest increase in social engagement immediately after their ads were shown.
- Maserati also saw the most social lift among all auto advertisers (2.4X) throughout the day Sunday compared to the previous six Sundays.
Food & Beverage Advertisers
- Butterfinger (12X) edged out Chobani (11.8X) for the largest social lift among food brands immediately after their ad was shown.
- Cheerios saw (8X) lift during the game and (6.8X) throughout Sunday compared to the previous six Sundays.
- Chobani far exceeded Dannon Oikos generating 4X more social lift than Oikos during the game.
- Content about the Budweiser and Bud Light ads generated the most shares on Facebook throughout Sunday.
- Queen Latifah saw online engagement increase (15X) exceeding Red Hot Chili Peppers at (13X) and Bruno Mars at (11X) during their performances.
The Game and the Fans
- Colorado, home of the Broncos, led the nation in online engagement during the Super Bowl. Washington State was 9th.
- The peak moment of sharing during the Super Bowl was 9:26PM ET when the Seahawks scored the final TD of the night to make the score 43-8.
- Quarterback Russell Wilson saw his online engagement increase 5X when the final plays were run.
- Overall sharing was up 1 percent for the Super Bowl compared to 2013.
- Sharing on mobile devices grew 67 percent during Super Bowl Sunday compared to a year ago led by Android, which was almost doubled 2013.
- Facebook led the way on Sunday for sharing content about the Super Bowl with a 42.9 percent increase.
- Pinterest was up 20 percent year over year beating Facebook Like, which was up seven percent year over year on Super Bowl Sunday.
The AddThis content engagement platform reaches over 97 percent of the online population in the U.S. alone. The company regularly measures activity across the Web and consumer interactions on social media including sharing, following, pinning, tweeting, emailing, and clicks generated by shared content.
“Each year, we see more content engagement during the Super Bowl across the Web and across devices. Not only do consumers watch the game and the ads on their televisions, but they keep their devices at the ready to engage with that content,” said Scott Allan, chief marketing officer, AddThis. “These engagement trends provide valuable insights that can help advertisers and publishers more effectively reach their target audience while creating a more relevant, more enjoyable Web experience for consumers as we help brands and publishers match interests with content.”
AddThis personalizes the Web with powerful, easy-to-use content engagement tools, APIs and services. Reaching over 1.6 billion unique consumers monthly, AddThis tools are used by over 14 million domains worldwide to power social sharing, increase overall engagement, boost traffic and provide behavioral insights. Our proprietary technology processes more than 300 terabytes of data daily allowing AddThis to provide brands with sophisticated audience models and Web-wide consumer insights that enhance paid, earned and owned media strategies.
- Pingback from Social Media Super Bowl: Did We Break Any Records?
- Pingback from Social Media Super Bowl: Did We Break Any Records? | jhWebWorks | Columbus Ohio Web Design, Development, SEO, Social Media
- Pingback from Зачем нужны социальные кнопки? | Цукерберг Позвонит!
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Xcelerated Marketing Recognized with Top Honors at 2014 Content Marketing Awards
- InMobi inks global partnership with Factual to increase Mobile Ad Efficacy for Brands
- Eyeview and LiveRamp Partnership Delivers Powerful Data Solutions to Brands
- Rubicon Project Selected to Power Global Exchange for International Media Group, Future plc
- Evolve Media Further Strengthens Viewability Through Partnership with Moat