5 Successful Marketing Methods in the New Age of Digital Consumption
ADOTAS – There are now more places than ever before not just any eyeballs, but the right eyeballs. Clicks are now but one type of measurement at our disposal. Nielsen ratings are passé due to DVRs, web viewing, smart phone, and large public viewings. When we talk to our clients, we discuss impact, reach, engagement and most importantly conversion. We’re entering a new age of digital consumption where viewers will choose whether or not they want to see your advertisement. That means we need not only the data, but the relevant creativity and interactivity, to influence emotions and the mind to cause real time behavioral change.
Consider that whether on your tablet, your mobile apps, and or even Google Glass, our viewing habits have changed greatly, so the best will create ads relevant, native and consistent to where you are and what you’re doing at any given moment, no matter the platform. Imagine the sophisticated targeting and analytics that result from cable top boxes equipped with IPs. As the distribution of TV and video becomes entirely IP-based, micro-targeting individual homes for ads – known as Addressable TV – will make the last ten years of advertising appear even more like the Flintstones “stone age” era by comparison.
Here are five ways a high-end digital marketing campaign can and should bring your advertising campaign into the 21st century:
- Customizable Street Ads: Think of driving or walking past billboards that change based on your interests. Once you download a company’s app to your smart phone, signals could be transmitted to the billboard with information regarding your demographics. Advertisers have the undivided attention of drivers and pedestrians, so maximize the potential for success.
- Beyond Television: The WWE has realized that their fans’ appetite for professional wrestling cannot be contained to television and pay-per-view. Soon to be launching their own network that will be available (for a nominal fee) on TV and all mobile devices, ads can now be displayed 24/7. Make sure your digital marketing agency produces a mobile-friendly stream of content.
- Corporate Housing: We don’t have enough roofs to house every American, but a major corporation like Wal-Mart or PepsiCo could easily afford to invest in large-scale housing projects that exclusively feature their product advertisements on screens, appliances, and other technologies throughout the residence in exchange for reduced rent or no rent. The positive PR boon alone would justify the investment, let alone the potential for new, sustained business.
- Social Media Shopping Mall: Forget about guessing what your loved one wants for his or her birthday. Google Glass can be used to scan their face, analyze their preferences. Then, you’ll be whisked away to a list of products or websites at which they have spent time or repeat visits looking. Gift giving will have never been easier.
- Drones: Amazon is already experimenting with the use of drones for deliveries, but they can also be used as the next generation of the biplanes at the beach that drag signs behind. Major attractions could contract with advertisers to provide drones that transmit advertisements to any mobile device within a reasonable distance. Downloading an app would, of course, be required to receive the transmission.
New, advanced marketing technologies should also remind us to keep focused on the intrinsic forces driving their use in todays brand warfare to capture attention. As Theodore Levitt, the famed Harvard professor said, “People don’t want to buy a quarter-inch drill, they want a quarter-inch hole.” Customers respond to what matters to them, and being in front of them in relevant ways allows you the best chance to give them what they want — and position yourself to win the war.
I found the reading in this article very interesting.It diffently makes a person think. I will be reading more! Thank you so much , Mike Daly
Leave a Comment
- OPINION: No One Is Watching Your Video Ads
- Olympics, I Love You, But Your Online Experience Was Bringing Me Down
- EXCLUSIVE: An Inside Look Into AdStation’s Products and Business Strategies for 2014
- Adknowledge CPM Email Advertising Showing ‘Google-Like’ Results
- Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]