3Q Digital Releases Surprising Data in Advance of Twitter’s Q4 Earnings Call
ADOTAS – In advance of today’s Twitter Q4 2013 earnings call, Silicon Valley-based digital marketing agency 3Q Digital did a comparison of recent data from the accounts it managed in Q4 with results from the previous quarter. The agency anticipated a holiday bump, but the metrics were eye-opening:
- Cllick-through rates increased by 64%.
- Conversion rates are up 33% from Q3.
- Engagements per impressions increased 76%.
- Advertising on Twitter is getting cheaper. Q4 saw a 90% decrease in cost per click over Q3.
“These results are likely the result of a few things,” wrote 3Q Digital Social Account Manager Molly McCarty (pictured) in a recent blog post. “Firstly, we saw Twitter making a huge push to be known as a viable ads platform. …Twitter started the year off strong announcing the first Twitter Ads API partnerships in February of 2013. This step solidified Twitter as a contender in the social advertising sphere.
“In mid-December, Twitter launched broad match for keyword targeting. This made it easier to ensure that advertisers were hitting the right audience. …And a few days after [that], Twitter launched conversion tracking.
“In our opinion, conversion tracking has probably had the biggest influence in performance. Users can now tailor their ads directly to those who are likely to convert. With the ability to easily monitor and manipulate campaigns based on goals, we can expect a huge influx of advertising budget being pushed to Twitter.”
So what’s next for Twitter?
“Two weeks ago, Twitter provided new ways to create and use Tailored Audiences (following the global availability of Tailored Audiences in December),” said McCarty. “This allows users to group audiences in certain pools and target them specifically.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]