3Q Digital Releases Surprising Data in Advance of Twitter’s Q4 Earnings Call
ADOTAS – In advance of today’s Twitter Q4 2013 earnings call, Silicon Valley-based digital marketing agency 3Q Digital did a comparison of recent data from the accounts it managed in Q4 with results from the previous quarter. The agency anticipated a holiday bump, but the metrics were eye-opening:
- Cllick-through rates increased by 64%.
- Conversion rates are up 33% from Q3.
- Engagements per impressions increased 76%.
- Advertising on Twitter is getting cheaper. Q4 saw a 90% decrease in cost per click over Q3.
“These results are likely the result of a few things,” wrote 3Q Digital Social Account Manager Molly McCarty (pictured) in a recent blog post. “Firstly, we saw Twitter making a huge push to be known as a viable ads platform. …Twitter started the year off strong announcing the first Twitter Ads API partnerships in February of 2013. This step solidified Twitter as a contender in the social advertising sphere.
“In mid-December, Twitter launched broad match for keyword targeting. This made it easier to ensure that advertisers were hitting the right audience. …And a few days after [that], Twitter launched conversion tracking.
“In our opinion, conversion tracking has probably had the biggest influence in performance. Users can now tailor their ads directly to those who are likely to convert. With the ability to easily monitor and manipulate campaigns based on goals, we can expect a huge influx of advertising budget being pushed to Twitter.”
So what’s next for Twitter?
“Two weeks ago, Twitter provided new ways to create and use Tailored Audiences (following the global availability of Tailored Audiences in December),” said McCarty. “This allows users to group audiences in certain pools and target them specifically.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Centro Hires Michael Bruns as Chief Financial Officer
- Yahoo to Acquire Flurry to Strengthen Mobile Products
- MediaMath Joins NYC Downtown’s Growing New Economy with Move to 4 World Trade Center
- Intent Media Closes $22.7 Million Financing Round Led by Insight Venture Partners
- SocialToaster joins the IZEA Exchange to Leverage Sponsored Social Marketing