YuMe and Gracenote to Advance Synchronized Second Screen Advertising
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., January 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. (NYSE:YUME), a leading provider of digital video brand advertising solutions, and Gracenote(R), a global leader in music and video content recognition technology, are collaborating to synchronize TV and mobile advertising in order to optimize brand advertising spend in a multi-screen world. The collaboration marks a major step in leading innovation in cross-device, TV audience targeting.
Why is this technology integration important?
For brand advertisers, ACR technology provides an accurate way to target viewers by synchronizing mobile video ads with TV ads — improving key brand performance metrics such as reach, frequency, message recall and brand favorability. For publishers, this innovation will improve revenue-generating capabilities and advertising CPMs for mobile app and mobile web content.
“This collaboration will kick-off a new phase of industry innovation related to second-screen advertising, further enhancing YuMe’s ability to target in the household,” said Bob Hall (pictured), Vice President of Platform & Partnerships at YuMe. “We’re pleased to work alongside Gracenote on this effort and look forward to the mobile and TV targeting opportunities that unfold with existing and new advertising clients.”
How does the integration work?
Gracenote’s ACR technology uses advanced audio fingerprinting technology to let smartphones and tablets identify TV programs and ads by simply “listening” to a few seconds of the dialogue and soundtrack. Gracenote ACR technology combines this gathered information with YuMe’s SDK to deliver relevant mobile video ads on YuMe publisher’s mobile sites and apps.
“The technology integration with YuMe is an exciting step forward in the next phase of targeted second screen advertising,” said Julie Davenport, Vice President of Business Development at Gracenote. “We believe ACR technology adds a new layer of intelligence to mobile advertising that hasn’t been available. With this new offering, advertisers will be able to make smarter media buying decisions, based on the consumers’ real-time viewing habits.”
Why is the integration innovative?
Smartphone and tablet usage continues to rise dramatically and users increasingly use their mobile devices while engaged in other activities. This trend plays itself out every day in the living room, where TV’s dominant role is challenged by viewer attention to multiple devices. A recent study from IPG Media Lab and YuMe found that 30% of TV viewers report that their smartphone is their primary focus while watching TV(1) . Publishers and brand advertisers alike are eager to take advantage of innovations in advertising technology that address this growing behavior.
“Increased usage of mobile devices in the living room is just another indicator of the growing consumer attention crisis,” said Kara Manatt, Vice President of Consumer Research Strategy at IPG Media Lab. “This creates a real challenge for advertisers, making effective ways to recapture attention in the living room extremely valuable.”
During the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this week in Las Vegas, YuMe and Gracenote will be showcasing live demonstrations of the technology integration for select agency clients at the YuMe Connected Living Room in Suite 2907 at the Las Vegas Hotel as well as at the Gracenote Lounge in the Nolita Room 1 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel.
(1) IPG Media Lab / YuMe Research Study, November 2013
Gracenote, Inc. provides music and video content and technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the industry standard for music and video recognition and is supported by the largest source of music and video metadata, featuring descriptions of more than 180 million tracks and TV listings for 30+ countries. A wholly owned, independent subsidiary of the Sony Corporation of America (SCA), Gracenote has offices in Tokyo, Munich, Berlin, Seoul, Taipei and San Francisco with worldwide headquarters in Emeryville, Calif. For more information, visit our website www.gracenote.com or follow us at @GracenoteTweets and www.facebook.com/PoweredbyGracenote.
YuMe and Audience Amplifier are trademarks of YuMe. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that could cause actual results and the timing of certain events to differ materially from those set forth in or implied by such forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the words “may,” “might,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “should,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “objective,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “project,” “potential,” “continue” and “ongoing,” or the negative of these terms, or other comparable terminology intended to identify statements about the future. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements about this collaboration between YuMe and Gracenote, YuMe’s growth strategy, including global expansion and technological development; anticipated trends and challenges in our industry, including the increasing quantity, variety and fragmentation of digital video content, platforms and technologies; expansion of the digital media advertising market in general and the digital video advertising market in particular; our competition; market trends, including overall opportunities for digital media advertising and shifting advertising budgets; the ongoing improvement and refinement of our data-science capabilities; developments in the regulatory framework applicable to our business; and our intellectual property and proprietary technologies. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, including those more fully described in our periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to YuMe as of the date hereof, and YuMe assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]