TubeMogul Launches Comprehensive Video Ad Viewability Reporting, Issues White Paper
EMERYVILLE, Calif., January 23, 2014 (ADOTAS) – TubeMogul announced the global rollout of viewability reporting integrated within the TubeMogul dashboard today, empowering marketers with data on where their video ads are seen and the tools needed to reduce the number of ads that are never seen by a viewer.
TubeMogul has led the industry on the issue of video viewability as a founding member of OpenVV and is working closely with the IAB and the Media Ratings Council as they define the standard for viewability. Currently, video viewability is a patchwork of proprietary standards, and most data is not actionable. The bulk of reporting in the marketplace is rolled up at a campaign or publisher-level, making acting on the information difficult. Standards of what counts as “viewable” also vary. Many major video ad servers, for instance, consider muted videos viewable.
“Viewability starts with a simple question: did someone actually watch my ad? We are championing this key metric and applaud TubeMogul’s efforts in getting the industry closer to a standard,” says Cheryl Stump (pictured), Director of Audience On Demand at VivaKi.
The new reporting is powered by OpenVV, the open-source viewability technology developed by TubeMogul and endorsed by 20 companies including Nielsen and TRUSTe. Rather than simply report on viewability, the technology is designed to tell marketers why an ad is not getting watched.
Available today in TubeMogul’s software to all clients, the reporting tracks:
- The portion of a video ad in view and how long it is in view for the entire duration of a video
- Whether a window is active (i.e. a viewer is not in another window or tab)
- Player size
- Whether a video is muted
- How many ad impressions are not measurable
Coupled with TubeMogul’s video ad buying software, the new reporting gives marketers accurate information to drastically increase viewability rates across their private and public inventory. If a site has low viewability, marketers can simply turn it off in real-time. Other metrics like player size, mutes and rates of measurability help marketers isolate and eliminate unviewable inventory.
“Since the dawn of advertising, a segment of consumers have ignored ads. For the first time, we can track exactly where consumers are tuning out, and our software gives marketers a way to do something about it,” says Brett Wilson, CEO and Co-Founder of TubeMogul.
Video Viability White Paper
TubeMogul has also also released a detailed white paper on the state of video viewability that features overall rates of viewability. There is also a survey spanning the major video ad servers/companies that makes explicit the differing definitions of what “viewability” means (several ad servers count muted videos as viewable, for instance).
TubeMogul is the leading enterprise software company for digital branding. The world’s largest brands and agencies unify their video advertising on TubeMogul’s programmatic platform. By using a single, integrated solution, TubeMogul’s clients gain control over their video spend, simplify their workflow and verify the success of their campaigns. Founded in 2006, TubeMogul is based in Emeryville, California with offices across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]