Study: VW is Most Popular Social Video Brand in Super Bowl History
NEW YORK, January 23, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Volkswagen is the most shared Super Bowl brand of all time, according to data released by marketing tech platform Unruly today.
Driven by the huge success of 2011 campaign “The Force” (below) – also the most shared ad of all time – the German car maker’s ads have attracted a total of 7.07 million shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
It puts VW just ahead of Budweiser (6.95 million), which scored a major success with last year’s runaway hit “Brotherhood”, and Universal Pictures, who finished third.
Super Bowl regulars Doritos, Chevrolet and M&Ms also feature in the top 10. However, Coca-Cola, Kia, Honda and Pepsi all miss out.
Top 10 Most Shared Super Bowl Brands Of All Time
- Volkswagen (7,071,522).
- Budweiser (6,950,406).
- Universal Pictures (2,656,046).
- Doritos (2,441,100).
- Ram Trucks (1,893,643).
- Chevrolet (1,497,751).
- Paramount Pictures (990,328).
- M&Ms (737,106).
- Samsung (616,977).
- Chrysler (530,239).
The results also show that the Autos sector is the most popular vertical at the Super Bowl, attracting 11.81 million shares altogether. CPG is second with 9.56 million, while Entertainment is third with 4.01 million.
Unruly’s Top 10 Super Bowl Brands data is based on data from the Unruly Viral Video Chart™ and Unruly Analytics™, which ranks videos by the number of shares they attract across Twitter, Facebook and the blogosphere as opposed to the number of views.
As such, it’s a true measure of a brand’s viral success, ranking branded content by the volume of active pass-on rather than the more passive metric of video consumption (views).
Stats are based on the top 200 most shared Super Bowl ads of all time and were compiled on January 21, 2014.
UNRULY, UNRULY VIRAL VIDEO CHART, UNRULY ANALYTICS and logos and associated marks are trademarks of Unruly Group. Other marks are owned by their respective owners.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]