Study: VW is Most Popular Social Video Brand in Super Bowl History
NEW YORK, January 23, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Volkswagen is the most shared Super Bowl brand of all time, according to data released by marketing tech platform Unruly today.
Driven by the huge success of 2011 campaign “The Force” (below) – also the most shared ad of all time – the German car maker’s ads have attracted a total of 7.07 million shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
It puts VW just ahead of Budweiser (6.95 million), which scored a major success with last year’s runaway hit “Brotherhood”, and Universal Pictures, who finished third.
Super Bowl regulars Doritos, Chevrolet and M&Ms also feature in the top 10. However, Coca-Cola, Kia, Honda and Pepsi all miss out.
Top 10 Most Shared Super Bowl Brands Of All Time
- Volkswagen (7,071,522).
- Budweiser (6,950,406).
- Universal Pictures (2,656,046).
- Doritos (2,441,100).
- Ram Trucks (1,893,643).
- Chevrolet (1,497,751).
- Paramount Pictures (990,328).
- M&Ms (737,106).
- Samsung (616,977).
- Chrysler (530,239).
The results also show that the Autos sector is the most popular vertical at the Super Bowl, attracting 11.81 million shares altogether. CPG is second with 9.56 million, while Entertainment is third with 4.01 million.
Unruly’s Top 10 Super Bowl Brands data is based on data from the Unruly Viral Video Chart™ and Unruly Analytics™, which ranks videos by the number of shares they attract across Twitter, Facebook and the blogosphere as opposed to the number of views.
As such, it’s a true measure of a brand’s viral success, ranking branded content by the volume of active pass-on rather than the more passive metric of video consumption (views).
Stats are based on the top 200 most shared Super Bowl ads of all time and were compiled on January 21, 2014.
UNRULY, UNRULY VIRAL VIDEO CHART, UNRULY ANALYTICS and logos and associated marks are trademarks of Unruly Group. Other marks are owned by their respective owners.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- AdRoll Secures a Whopping $70 Million for Online Ad Retargeting
- IBM and Kenshoo Partner to Deliver Premium Search Marketing Solutions
- AddThis Forms New Content Media Services Group; Appoints Three Industry Veterans to Senior Management Team
- USA TODAY Sports Weekly Launches Socially-Integrated App Across All Major Platforms, Powered By MAZ
- Facebook vs. HasOffers, & Why the Mobile App Tracking Landscape Needs to be Disrupted