Spredfast Secures $32.5 Million in Growth Capital
AUSTIN, TX., January 3, 2014(ADOTAS) — Spredfast, the leading independent social relationship platform provider, today announced that it has raised $32.5 million in growth capital led by Lead Edge Capital, which has funded well-known software, e-commerce and internet companies including Alibaba Group, Marketo, Bazaarvoice, Drillinginfo, Refinery29, and Monetate. The majority of Lead Edge’s investors are current or former senior-level Fortune 500 executives, successful entrepreneurs, and leading public market investors. Upon investment, portfolio companies are given full access to Lead Edge’s limited partners to help them grow faster. Previous investors Austin Ventures, InterWest Partners, and OpenView Partners also participated in the round.
The capital will be used to accelerate Spredfast’s aggressive growth trajectory through talent acquisition, product development and global expansion, and solidify its position as the leading independent social relationship platform provider in the world. More than 300 enterprise brands including General Mills, AT&T and REI use Spredfast to manage their strategic social programs. On average, these companies have nearly 120 employees managing social activity for 40 brands or initiatives across 200 accounts. Their dynamic social programs require enterprise-class technologies that enable them to build and maintain relationships with customers.
“Spredfast has catapulted into a market leadership position and its extensive client roster is a testament to that. We have tracked this industry for a number of years and we know that Spredfast is poised to win this market. They are truly an integral part of every business’ daily operations,” said Mitchell Green, managing partner, Lead Edge Capital. “We look forward to being a partner to Spredfast and are excited to work with the entire team as they enter this next chapter.”
This round comes on the heels of a record year for Spredfast. Recent milestones include:
- Revenue tripled year over year from 2012 to 2013.
- New customer acquisitions of marquee enterprise social brands including General Mills and REI, and strengthened existing relationships with clients including Discover, AT&T, Target, Rackspace, and AARP.
- Deepened partnership with Twitter through integration of new functionality that enables brands to target and deliver organic tweets by country.
- The only open enterprise SRP on the market with strategic integrations with leading social products like Kenshoo Social, Brandwatch, and Bazaarvoice which allow brands to amplify their paid, earned and owned media programs from a single platform.
“This is evolving into a huge market. Every enterprise in every industry can leverage social to grow their business. We are now in the next wave of social business, and we are succeeding because of our single mission,” said Rod Favaron (pictured), CEO of Spredfast. “Our customers rely on us to innovate and give them the tools they need to market and manage relationships on social with those who matter most, their customers. We are thrilled to have the support and confidence of our new and existing investors as we accelerate our growth.”
Based in Austin, Texas, Spredfast provides a social relationship platform that empowers enterprise brands to build lasting relationships by creating great social experiences. Spredfast enables more people, in more places, to engage in more conversations from a single software platform on supported social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Foursquare, and popular blogging platforms. Some of the enterprise and agency adopters on board with Spredfast include AT&T, Jason’s Deli, Warner Brothers, Whole Foods Market, AARP, AGAIN Interactive, Coty Beauty, HomeAway and Ogilvy. For more information, visit www.spredfast.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]