Sony Advertising Subsidiary Chooses PubMatic for Publisher Sales
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., : January 21, 2014 — (ADOTAS) PubMatic, the programmatic advertising platform company for leading publishers, today announced a strategic partnership with So-net Media Networks, part of the So-net Corporation. The strategic partnership will bring leading global sell side platform (SSP) technology and services to the Japanese market, through a renowned local partner with deep experience servicing Japanese premium publishers.
“We are pleased to announce our exciting partnership with PubMatic,” said Takeshi Jibiki (oictured), President at So-net Media Networks. “Over the last two years, the programmatic marketplace has developed and matured dramatically in Japan, establishing Japan as the leader in RTB in APAC (IDC, 2013). To meet the growing market demands and better meet the needs of publishers, we have formed a strategic partnership with PubMatic. This strategic partnership signals the importance of the Japanese programmatic market, bringing the first independent global sell side platform to Japan.
“We will provide Japanese publishers with the technology to take control of and improve the value of their online advertising inventory. This will give significant value to local and global ad networks, DSPs, Trading Desks and Agency Holding Groups that are becoming inventory buyers. Together, we will contribute to the future of the programmatic industry.”
PubMatic’s One Platform includes features required in the Japanese market today, such as Yield Optimisation and industry leading RTB-based functionality. Additionally, PubMatic’s history of innovation means that the platform already offers features that are expected to become increasingly relevant as the market matures, including audience and data management platform (DMP) capabilities, as well as Private Marketplace functionality. The PubMatic platform also supports mobile and video solutions, which are well established in Japan and expected to continue to be key categories in the next few years.
“We are honored that So-net Media Networks has chosen our sell side platform,” comments Rob Jonas, Global Chief Revenue Officer at PubMatic. “This partnership brings PubMatic’s publisher-centric strategic selling technology and services to the Japanese market. Advertisers, agencies and DSPs will be able to access inventory through leading tools and services, including RTB-based buying.
“With RTB spend in Japan set to grow from $218 million in 2012 to $1 billion in 2017 (IDC, 2013), we intend to capitalize on this growth as we further expand our operations into Japan. As such we will be working closely with So-net Media Networks to engage in joint sales efforts to bring new publishers onto the PubMatic platform.”
About So-net Media Networks
Established in March 2000, So-net Media Networks is a consolidated subsidiary of Japan’s major Internet Service Provider (ISP) So-net Corporation. So-net Media Networks provide several kinds of digital advertising solutions including Demand Side Platform “Logicad”, one of the leading DSPs in Japan.
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalised advertising experience across display, mobile and video. PubMatic’s One Platform, proprietary technology and advanced mobile capabilities are utilised by a global roster of comScore publishers. Pioneering online auctions for the buying and selling of media through Real-Time Bidding (RTB) and Private Marketplace (PMP), the company also works with hundreds of advertising partners. Ranked by Deloitte as one of the fastest growing companies in the US Internet sector in both 2012 and 2013, PubMatic has offices worldwide with headquarters in Redwood City, California.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]