Silverpop: 7 Key Marketing Trends for 2014
Last year, Silverpop declared 2013 the year of the customer. Now, the customer revolution is underway and buyers are in control. To be successful, marketers need to create compelling and fulfilling customer experiences by leveraging every touch point and every interaction to create an experience that is convenient, fun, and meaningful.
In this whitepaper, Silverpop experts outline seven key trends for 2014, plus tactics marketers can implement to make sure they’re shifting technology and strategies to address the customer revolution. In addition, several third-party experts weigh in with their predictions for 2014.
The whitepaper covers the following trends:
- Abandonment remarketing moves up the funnel: What’s next? Browse remarketing! For most companies, there’s a huge number of people browsing their site every day who have previously established an email relationship. These people have already established that they have some affinity for the brand, yet most companies don’t remarket to them.
- Digital acquisition meets the physical world: In 2014 many marketers will be turning their attention to the next untapped opportunity for database growth: physical locations.
- Actionable data becomes a key difference maker: If the data marketers have on a contact is lacking, marketers will be limited in the tools they can use to connect on an individual level. In short, marketing is only as powerful as the data.
- Personalized websites move beyond Amazon and Netflix: By providing a more personalized experience, marketers will find people stay on their website longer, download more offers and purchase more products.
- Location marketing 2.0 arrives: Apple’s announcement of the iBeacon functionality as part of its iOS7 technology is a game-changer for how businesses will conduct location-based marketing in the future.
- Buyer intelligence is no longer limited to the elite: If marketers have been focused on big, high-volume blast messaging, they should (and can!) make it a goal in 2014 to take one or two really intelligent campaigns and layer them into they’re messaging mix, gradually making content more relevant.
- Marketers become the architects of the customer experience: Successful businesses will need to engage with each customer when and where that customer prefers with content that is perfectly tuned and individualized. Of course, this has always been the case to some extent, but now the technology has caught up.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]