Report: Pinterest Surpasses Email for Sharing Online, Beats Facebook Growth
ADOTAS – ShareThis released new research that reveals Pinterest has outpaced email for the first time to become the third most popular sharing channel overall. With 58 percent growth in 2013, Pinterest also leads as the fastest growing sharing channel, followed by Facebook and LinkedIn.
These insights are part of ShareThis’ second quarterly Consumer Sharing Trends Report, which analyzes consumer sharing behavior from Q4 2013 and the full year across nearly every social channel on desktop and mobile devices. In addition to measuring growth by social channel, the Q4 2013 report looks at geographic and demographic sharing trends, including:
- Pinterest and LinkedIn showed no signs of slowing down: At 58 percent and 40 percent growth respectively in 2013, Pinterest and LinkedIn both outpaced Twitter’s growth, which was 15 percent. On the flip side, email declined 11 percent
- Midwestern sharers preferred Pinterest: Active Midwestern sharers preferred Pinterest more than any other region. Not surprisingly, women in the Midwest share more than the national average.
- Where you live changes how much you share: the share rate in the Northeast topped every other region in the U.S.
- When viewing social activity by channel, regional preferences stood out: Active sharers in the West preferred Facebook and Google+ whereas sharers in the Midwest turned to Pinterest. Twitter and LinkedIn were preferred in the Northeast.
- Timing is everything: People shared most between the hours of 8:00 and 9:00 p.m., but the West Coast started sharing earlier than anywhere else at 7:00 a.m.
- Consumers shared and clicked more than ever in 2013: Compared to 2012, consumers shared 37 percent more often in 2013. Not only is sharing up, but engagement (or click-backs per share) is also up 12.6 percent.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]