New Research From Kenshoo Finds Q4 2013 Was Biggest Quarter Ever for Paid Search
SAN FRANCISCO, January 16, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Kenshoo, the global leader in premium digital marketing technology, this week released Global Search Trends infographics and a 2013 Global Online Retail Seasonal Shopping Report: Final Edition.
Kenshoo’s Global Search Trends infographics cover search advertising across all industries and offer global and regional data, analysis, and findings based on more than $5 billion in annualized global ad spend running through the Kenshoo platform. Kenshoo released three separate infographics for the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia-Pacific Japan (APJ) with unique regional trends and country highlights for the United States, Brazil, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia and China.
The Kenshoo 2013 Global Online Retail Seasonal Shopping Report: Final Edition presents key findings related to retail paid search throughout the 2013 holiday shopping season and includes global paid search data and regional paid search insights on the U.S. and U.K., as well as analyses of retailers’ use of Product Listing Ads (PLAs) and mobile paid search ads during the holiday season. Data studied for this report span more than 20 billion paid search impressions and clicks during November and December.
“Search advertisers continue to find new ways to improve results from their most productive digital marketing channel, and Q4 2013 proved to be the biggest quarter ever for paid search,” said Aaron Goldman (pictured), chief marketing officer of Kenshoo. “Not only did paid search advertisers spend more than any other quarter on record; they did so more efficiently than ever by driving more clicks with fewer impressions. Furthermore, with formats like Mobile and Product Listing Ads showing tremendous gains, it’s clear that there’s greater opportunity ahead for sophisticated search marketers.”
According to the Kenshoo Global Search Trends infographics, increased efficiency led to a 25% YoY increase in click-through-rate globally. Other key findings include:
- Marketers spent more globally in Q4 2013 than any other quarter on record, increasing spend 19% YoY and 29% QoQ
- Globally in Q4 2013, cost per click (CPC) increased 6% YoY, clicks increased 12% YoY, and impressions decreased 10% YoY
- In the Americas in Q4 2013, paid search spend increased 18% YoY, CPC increased 2% YoY, clicks increased 16% YoY, and impressions decreased 12% YoY
According to Kenshoo’s 2013 Global Online Retail Seasonal Shopping Report: Final Edition:
- With an average global click-through rate of 2.33% and an average global conversion rate of 4.07%, retailers achieved a 6-to-1 return on ad spend (ROAS) for the season
- Mobile devices accounted for one of every three paid search clicks, up nearly 28% YoY
- Global retailers spent 138% more YoY on PLAs, achieving ROAS of $8.84
- Clicks increased 13% YoY, leading to a 4% lift in online sales revenue and 21% increase in conversions
In the U.S., holiday season retail transactions increased 26%. U.S. retail revenue from paid search increased substantially for some of the most important holiday shopping days, rising 34% on Thanksgiving and 24% on Black Friday.
Complimentary copies of the new research report and infographics are available in their entirety through Kenshoo.com. More specifically, Kenshoo’s Global Search Trends infographics are available a Kenshoo.com/GlobalSearchTrends, and Kenshoo’s 2013 Global Online Retail Seasonal Shopping Report: Final Edition is available at Kenshoo.com/2013GlobalShopping.
Kenshoo is a digital marketing technology company that engineers premium solutions for search marketing, social media and online advertising. Brands, agencies and developers use Kenshoo Search, Kenshoo Social, Kenshoo Local and Kenshoo SmartPath to direct more than $200 billion in annualized online client sales revenue through the platform. Kenshoo is the only Facebook strategic Preferred Marketing Developer with native API solutions for ads across Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Twitter, Facebook, and Facebook Exchange. The Kenshoo platform delivers Infinite OptimizationTM through closed-loop targeting, universal integration, dynamic attribution, and predictive analytics. Kenshoo powers campaigns in more than 190 countries for nearly half of the Fortune 50 and all 10 top global ad agency networks. Kenshoo clients include CareerBuilder, Expedia, Facebook, KAYAK, Havas Media, Hitwise, iREP, John Lewis, Resolution Media, Sears, Starcom MediaVest Group, Tesco, Travelocity, Walgreens, and Zappos. Kenshoo has 18 international locations and is backed by Sequoia Capital, Arts Alliance, and Tenaya Capital. Please visit www.Kenshoo.com for more information.
Kenshoo brand and product names are trademarks of Kenshoo Ltd. Other company and brand names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV