LiveRail Adds Ex-IAB Chairman as New Board Member
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – JANUARY 27, 2013 – LiveRail, the leading video monetization platform for publishers, today announced that former NBCUniversal executive and IAB chairman Peter Naylor has been appointed to its Board of Directors. Peter joins LiveRail as the company has seen its share of the market increase in 2013 with revenue growth of 300 percent year-over-year, setting the stage for an IPO.
As an industry veteran and thought leader in digital advertising, Naylor (pictured) brings more than 17 years of digital media experience, insight, and industry perspective to LiveRail’s Board. Most recently, Naylor served as EVP of Digital Media Sales at NBCUniversal, where he helped drive their push into the programmatic space via its Universal Audience Platform. During his tenure at NBCU, he oversaw advertising sales for the company’s entertainment, sports and news digital properties. Naylor was Chairman of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Board of Directors from February 2012 through February 2013 after serving eight years on the IAB Board. He also served as Treasurer for the Online Publisher’s Association and enjoyed a 10 year presence on the OPA board of directors.
“Peter is bringing a unique perspective to LiveRail’s board that will help us further extend our position as the leading programmatic video ad platform,” said Mark Trefgarne, CEO and Co-Founder of LiveRail. “His experience driving digital sales for one of the world’s largest, most premium broadcasters, combined with his industry insights and relationships developed from his IAB chairmanship, makes Peter a uniquely valuable addition to the LiveRail board.”
“LiveRail has emerged as the clear leader in the programmatic video advertising space. As premium publishers, including major broadcasters and cable companies, increasingly embrace programmatic sales channels, they are turning to LiveRail to provide the technology infrastructure and world-class expertise needed to be successful in this new world” said Naylor. “I’m joining the board during a very exciting and dynamic time and look forward to working closely with co-founders Mark and Andrei, and the board to help drive the next phase of LiveRail’s growth.”
In 2013, LiveRail secured a dominant position as the programmatic video ad platform of choice for premium publishers and broadcasters. Clients now capturing programmatic revenue through LiveRail, include A&E Mobile, CBS Local, Condé Nast, Demand Media, Real Networks, Univision, BET, Advance Digital, Terra Networks, among others. As the company continues to expand its presence across Europe, LiveRail also added Telegraaf Media Group, MailOnline, and Advideum. These new clients join LiveRail’s existing publisher portfolio, which already includes MLB.com, CBS Interactive, and PBS.
The addition of these premium publishers reflects the increasing importance of programmatic sales in the video ad market in the U.S. and across Europe. As a result the company is now ranked #2 behind AOL in comScore’s most recent ranking of U.S. Online Video Ad Properties and is also tracking north of $100 million revenue run-rate, 71% of which is transacted via real-time bidding.
LiveRail is the leading publisher monetization platform for video with more than 4bn impressions delivered via its platform each month. LiveRail provides premium publishers with the technology and services to sell their video inventory smarter and safer, across all devices. Recently recognized by Digiday Publishing Awards as the Best Monetization Technology for a Publisher, LiveRail is used by hundreds of major publishers who benefit from sophisticated analytics, advanced controls and unparalleled transparency ultimately generating maximum yield for every ad impression.
Founded in 2007, LiveRail’s senior team is led by its founders, Mark Trefgarne (CEO) and Andrei Dunca (CTO). LiveRail Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices in New York, New York, London, England and Cluj-Napoca, Romania. LiveRail is backed by Pond Ventures. For more information visit: www.liverail.com.
- Pingback from LiveRail Adds Ex-IAB Chairman As New Board - LiveRail
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really