Leading Fitness App Teams with Tapjoy to Offer Advertising-Sponsored Customized Workout Programs
SAN FRANCISCO, January 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Nido Labs, creator of Alpha Trainer®, one of the top-grossing fitness apps available, and Tapjoy, Inc., a leading mobile advertising and monetization platform, today announced a partnership that will offer consumers a new way to get advanced 14-week workout programs directly to their mobile device to help them stay in shape and on budget. Starting today the Android version of the Alpha Trainer app will integrate the Tapjoy Mobile Value Exchange® model where consumers engage with advertisements to earn virtual rewards to gain access to a library of over 100,000 customized professional-quality workout programs.
This partnership follows a trend of content verticals embracing the rewarded advertising model and marks a shift in how fitness programs are made available to consumers. Alpha Trainer will be among the first personal training and fitness apps to utilize virtual rewards and the value exchange model to enable consumers to obtain a 14-week professional-quality workout program.
“The Alpha Trainer app is setting the course of innovative and alternative payment methods for consumers to enjoy more than 100,000 customized fitness programs,” said Rob Barnett (pictured), head of strategic partnerships, Tapjoy. “Enabling consumers to watch a video or engage with an ad to further their fitness regimen makes Alpha Trainer, and its professional quality workout programs, accessible and affordable to more consumers across the globe.”
By simply watching a video, engaging with a rich media ad, or taking a survey, consumers will be able to earn credits to unlock additional weeks of customized workout programs, giving them a budget-friendly way to continue and expand their workout curriculum.
“Partnering with Tapjoy enables us to make our fitness and motivational tools more cost-effective to consumers, while enabling us to further monetize our offering,” said Paul Kim, founder and CEO Alpha Trainer. “Making our professional training content available through a new free-to-access model establishes a new opportunity for how people can stay in shape.”
Tapjoy is a global leader in helping app developers and publishers monetize many different types of mobile apps including games, movies, books, videos, comics and text messaging apps. This partnership further expands Tapjoy’s developer network in the publishing space and opens the door for all types of premium content publishers to offer their content to more fans globally.
Tapjoy is a mobile performance-based advertising platform that drives deep engagement and monetization opportunities for app publishers, while delivering valuable, engaged consumers to some of the world’s biggest brand advertisers. Tapjoy has a reach of more than 435MM (September, 2013) mobile users each month and the Tapjoy Mobile Value Exchange® model allows users to receive premium content in exchange for their engagement with advertisements. Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Atlanta, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
© 2013 Tapjoy, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Tapjoy and the Tapjoy logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tapjoy, Inc. All third party logos and trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
About Nido Labs
Nido Labs, maker of the Alpha Trainer mobile app for iOS and Android, is a technology startup company that creates integrated health, fitness, and wellness solutions to enable everyone to live healthy and fulfilled lives. Alpha Trainer, which is featured by iTunes, is a popular personal training and fitness app that provides users with customized, 14-week training programs based on their own, unique fitness goals. It has the largest library of over 100,000 customized personal training programs to fit anyone’s preference, developed by Paul Kim, a Certified Personal Trainer, fitness competitor, and serial entrepreneur. Alpha Trainer also features social motivation through close friends who keep a user motivated to work out by sending messages, encouragement, and gifts directly from the app. For more information, please visit www.alphatrainerapp.com, like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/AlphaTrainerApp, and follow us on Twitter at @AlphaTrainerApp.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]