Kevin Bacon to Headline Festival of Media Global 2014
ROME, January 23, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kevin Bacon, the award-winning actor and “king of connections,” will headline the Festival of Media Global 2014, taking place from April 6-8 in Rome at the Cavalieri Hotel.
This year’s Festival will focus on the technology, innovations, and strategies that make the media industry more connected than ever, as well as highlighting future forecasts and the power of disruption. Providing their insight on these global challenges will be directors and executives of some of the world’s most powerful brands, including:
- Kimberly Kadlec, worldwide VP global marketing group, Johnson & Johnson – “Empowered Consumers”
- Craig Hepburn, global director, social media and digital of Nokia – “Media Directors Forum”
- Lewis D’Vorkin, chief product officer, Forbes– “Content Disruptors”.
Bacon (pictured), Kadlec and others will lead sessions on key trends in media today such as content, big (and little) data, the future of advertising in a multi-screen world, wearable technology, native advertising, and programmatic buying, to name a few. MTV founder and current CEO of Clear Channel Communications, Bob Pittman will join Festival of Media chairman Charlie Crowe for an “In conversation with…” session, sharing his vision of the future of media and the role that technology is playing in transforming communications.
This year’s three-day event will be bigger than ever, with a new second stage and additional activities offering festival attendees the opportunity to tailor their agenda by choosing the sessions that are most relevant to them. Other key presentations will include:
- “Social TV”: Steve Haskar, president, global product leadership, Nielsen.
- “Playing with Data”: David Collet, director, Perform/OPTA with Ricardo Nasuti, digital content manager, AS Roma Football Club.
- “Commerce, Loyalty & the Mobile Future”: Sarah Watson, group mobile manager, Net-a-Porter.
- “Stories From the Future”: Sergio Bertolucci, director for research and scientific computing, CERN.
Alongside the conference agenda, a panel of leading industry minds will judge 19 categories for the Festival of Media Global Awards 2014, led by Sameer Singh, VP of global media for GlaxoSmithKline, who has been appointed Chair of the Jury. Other brand judges appointed so far include Venky Balakrishnan, global vice president for marketing innovation, Diageo and Tom Gill, global media director, Heineken International.
This year’s Awards will feature four new categories to recognize the best in the media industry: the Best Content Creation Award, Consumer Research Award, the Data Innovation Award, and The Retail Award.
Festival chairman and editor in chief Charlie Crowe comments: “We have responded to the media industry’s rapidly changing pace and growth by offering the biggest and most diverse agenda yet, with more speakers than ever, covering the most pressing media industry issues from content marketing to native advertising and wearable technology. We will also be looking to the future, examining the trends, strategies and forces of disruption shaping the media industry.
“Not only does this year’s event cover more than ever, but the new venue, format and agenda structure will provide numerous opportunities for delegates not just to learn but to do business in what is a more globally and technologically connected media industry than ever before.”
Organised by C Squared, the Festival of Media Global is the media industry’s only dedicated event, renowned for bringing together the most high profile figures and senior level decision makers from across the worlds of advertising, media and marketing.
Check out videos of previous festivals and key presentations at www.YouTube.com/thefestivalofmedia
About C Squared Networks Ltd
C Squared is one of the fastest-growing specialist publishing, events and technology companies in Europe. Its mission is to help the media and marketing industry become more connected and better informed so that it is fully equipped to respond to the challenges and opportunities brought about by digital technology and globalization. The company first launched Cream magazine in 2005 to reflect the changes taking place in global media. Cream has now become the world’s largest database of media innovation and its bespoke technology serves many of the leading global agency groups and multinational advertisers. C Squared launched the Festival of Media in Venice in 2007 and the brand now has 3 major Events across the world, attended by 4,000 senior delegates and receiving over 3,000 Awards entries. In 2009, C Squared acquired the leading brand M&M Global; plus the M&M Global Awards and the popular media training course, IMM. In 2011 C Squared created its “Original Events” unit, which has since created leading events for clients including Wired Magazine, Unilever and BeViacom. www.csquared.cc
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IBM and Kenshoo Partner to Deliver Premium Search Marketing Solutions
- AddThis Forms New Content Media Services Group; Appoints Three Industry Veterans to Senior Management Team
- USA TODAY Sports Weekly Launches Socially-Integrated App Across All Major Platforms, Powered By MAZ
- Facebook vs. HasOffers, & Why the Mobile App Tracking Landscape Needs to be Disrupted
- Qriously Expands U.S. & U.K. Marketing & Sales Teams, Opens Paris Office