Kevin Bacon to Headline Festival of Media Global 2014
ROME, January 23, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kevin Bacon, the award-winning actor and “king of connections,” will headline the Festival of Media Global 2014, taking place from April 6-8 in Rome at the Cavalieri Hotel.
This year’s Festival will focus on the technology, innovations, and strategies that make the media industry more connected than ever, as well as highlighting future forecasts and the power of disruption. Providing their insight on these global challenges will be directors and executives of some of the world’s most powerful brands, including:
- Kimberly Kadlec, worldwide VP global marketing group, Johnson & Johnson – “Empowered Consumers”
- Craig Hepburn, global director, social media and digital of Nokia – “Media Directors Forum”
- Lewis D’Vorkin, chief product officer, Forbes– “Content Disruptors”.
Bacon (pictured), Kadlec and others will lead sessions on key trends in media today such as content, big (and little) data, the future of advertising in a multi-screen world, wearable technology, native advertising, and programmatic buying, to name a few. MTV founder and current CEO of Clear Channel Communications, Bob Pittman will join Festival of Media chairman Charlie Crowe for an “In conversation with…” session, sharing his vision of the future of media and the role that technology is playing in transforming communications.
This year’s three-day event will be bigger than ever, with a new second stage and additional activities offering festival attendees the opportunity to tailor their agenda by choosing the sessions that are most relevant to them. Other key presentations will include:
- “Social TV”: Steve Haskar, president, global product leadership, Nielsen.
- “Playing with Data”: David Collet, director, Perform/OPTA with Ricardo Nasuti, digital content manager, AS Roma Football Club.
- “Commerce, Loyalty & the Mobile Future”: Sarah Watson, group mobile manager, Net-a-Porter.
- “Stories From the Future”: Sergio Bertolucci, director for research and scientific computing, CERN.
Alongside the conference agenda, a panel of leading industry minds will judge 19 categories for the Festival of Media Global Awards 2014, led by Sameer Singh, VP of global media for GlaxoSmithKline, who has been appointed Chair of the Jury. Other brand judges appointed so far include Venky Balakrishnan, global vice president for marketing innovation, Diageo and Tom Gill, global media director, Heineken International.
This year’s Awards will feature four new categories to recognize the best in the media industry: the Best Content Creation Award, Consumer Research Award, the Data Innovation Award, and The Retail Award.
Festival chairman and editor in chief Charlie Crowe comments: “We have responded to the media industry’s rapidly changing pace and growth by offering the biggest and most diverse agenda yet, with more speakers than ever, covering the most pressing media industry issues from content marketing to native advertising and wearable technology. We will also be looking to the future, examining the trends, strategies and forces of disruption shaping the media industry.
“Not only does this year’s event cover more than ever, but the new venue, format and agenda structure will provide numerous opportunities for delegates not just to learn but to do business in what is a more globally and technologically connected media industry than ever before.”
Organised by C Squared, the Festival of Media Global is the media industry’s only dedicated event, renowned for bringing together the most high profile figures and senior level decision makers from across the worlds of advertising, media and marketing.
Check out videos of previous festivals and key presentations at www.YouTube.com/thefestivalofmedia
About C Squared Networks Ltd
C Squared is one of the fastest-growing specialist publishing, events and technology companies in Europe. Its mission is to help the media and marketing industry become more connected and better informed so that it is fully equipped to respond to the challenges and opportunities brought about by digital technology and globalization. The company first launched Cream magazine in 2005 to reflect the changes taking place in global media. Cream has now become the world’s largest database of media innovation and its bespoke technology serves many of the leading global agency groups and multinational advertisers. C Squared launched the Festival of Media in Venice in 2007 and the brand now has 3 major Events across the world, attended by 4,000 senior delegates and receiving over 3,000 Awards entries. In 2009, C Squared acquired the leading brand M&M Global; plus the M&M Global Awards and the popular media training course, IMM. In 2011 C Squared created its “Original Events” unit, which has since created leading events for clients including Wired Magazine, Unilever and BeViacom. www.csquared.cc
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV