JBL Turns Tweets Into Music for Grammy Campaign
ADOTAS — In celebration of the 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards, today JBL launched “JBL Tweet Music,” a new digital experience that transforms tweets into music. Twitter users can tweet as they normally would using #JBLGrammys or #JBLTweetMusic, with @JBLAudio, and their tweet will be interpreted into a song. The keyboard becomes an instrument and the creating possibilities are endless.
At the heart of the experience is an algorithm that converts every letter, character, and number into loops of music. When Twitter users create a tweet and click to share, the tweet gets pulled into the server and runs through the algorithm. After the tweet is converted into a custom song based on that unique set of characters from the user, it gets outputted into a mix of loops making a full song. This song then gets retweeted back to the user, who can play the custom song right in Twitter and share it on any platform (i.e., Facebook, Tumblr, etc.).
How it works
Tweet Music incorporates a simple, yet powerful custom algorithm where each 3 characters of a tweet become translated to a loop and timing. The first character signifies which loop gets selected from the library, e.g. as the letter “a” pulls loop #32. The second character in the set selects the music bar the loop begins with, and the third character selects where it ends. For example, the word “The” will select track 22 for capital “T”, begin at bar 6 for “h”, and end at bar 14 for “e.” The algorithm will translate these sets of 3 until it completes the whole tweet, blend them together, and export a music file back to Twitter. To create the most variety, the position that the character is in the set also determines what it selects, so “T” in position 1 will produce a loop, but in position 2 and 3 it will not. It will select the loop from the first character in the set, such as the “s” in “string”, and the “t” in position 2 then selects where the “s” loop will play.
“JBL Tweet Music” is the first campaign to convert tweets to music, completely on Twitter. Everything happens in Twitter. No need to download apps, or sign up for something – just tweet with #JBLGrammys or #JBLTweetMusic @JBLAudio.
This campaign is part of HARMAN’s overarching marketing strategy, and is a combined effort by TracyLocke, WestwoodOne, and other agencies.
“Tweet Music” users will be able to hashtag their way to the 2015 Grammys. When a consumer includes the hashtag in their tweet, they are automatically entered to win a trip to the 2015 Grammy Awards & JBL audio prizes. That’s it, no additional registration required.
All musical tweets will be archived on the JBLTweetMusic.com microsite. To view the site, please visit http://www.JBL.com/TweetMusic.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,
- conversion optimization examples | JIM BULDO: [...] SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social MarketingADOTAS, on Fri, 07 Mar 2014