EXCLUSIVE: Study Shows Only 3% of B2B Firms Use Marketing Automation
ADOTAS – Integrated marketing platforms like Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot and Pardot can pretty much do anything these days, from tracking webpage conversions to incorporating a brand’s CRM data to create complex drip-email campaigns that can trigger the sending of follow-up emails once a user clicks on an embedded link.
“The marketing technology ecosystem is expanding rapidly and now has more than 900 solutions,” said Jacob Shama (pictured), CEO of Mintigo. “It seems that today, CMOs need to be the most tech-savvy people in the organization.”
But while marketing automation technologies have advanced dramatically in recent years, new research released by Mintigo indicates that only three percent of B2B companies are actually leveraging these platforms, highlighting a huge untapped market opportunity. The report analyzed 186,500 US-based B2B companies to discover the types of businesses across industries that had implemented the latest marketing tools.
Additional insights from the report include:
- Big business adopts first: Larger companies (with more than 1,000 employees) were twice as likely to have adopted a marketing automation solution than companies with fewer than 1,000 employees.
- Tech leads adoption: Software and Internet companies represented the industry with the highest overall use of marketing automation tools at a rate of 11.8 percent. Telecommunications companies had the highest number of users per capita, but a lower overall adoption rate.
- Though adoption rates of marketing automation tools were higher at companies with more than 1,000 employees, the overall implementation percentage was still below eight percent, showing that none of these tools have gained more than a small foothold in their potential market.
“This report, based on Mintigo’s Customer Intelligence Platform that constantly analyzes over 5 million businesses and 50 million contacts, reveals insights that help Marketeers do better marketing,” added Shama, “Our findings show the power and the richness of insights that can be harvested by Mintigo from the Social Web.”
“Mintigo is a powerful customer intelligence platform that can unlock critical insights about potential customers,” said Joe Payne, the former CEO of Eloqua. “By pointing this technology at the fast-growing marketing automation market, they have identified the many businesses that have yet to adopt a solution – thereby creating a list of prospects to sell to. That is extremely valuable information to the vendors in the space.”
“In order to be effective, marketing needs to be more data driven than ever as well as find ways to utilize the right technology to enhance and expand their efforts,” added Shama. “If you consider all the perceived buildup in the marketing automation space with M&A activity and marketing thought leadership pieces on this topic, then you can say that the future of B2B marketing relies on better data, better insights, better intelligence to drive marketing campaigns.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]