EXCLUSIVE: Ghostery Launches New Version for iOS7
NEW YORK, January 21, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ghostery®, the web’s largest, most powerful and most user-friendly privacy tool, announced today its new mobile release for iOS7. This update includes the most expansive improvements to the usability of the app since the initial release of Ghostery for iOS.
Ghostery is used by more than 20 million people around the world to reveal the invisible web of technologies tracking them when they visit a website. The application provides a roll call of more than 1,800 ad networks, behavioral data providers, social networks and other companies that collect consumer data — and allows users to block that tracking.
Updated features include an option to automatically block newly downloaded trackers, a unified search and address bar, and increased viewing area while scrolling. An experimental feature called the “PAC” (proxy automatic configuration) file lets users block trackers across all apps and is recommended for use with Chrome for iOS or the Ghostery browser app.
New iOS7 Features Include:
- iOS7 styling and new logos.
- Scrolling logic for iPhone to mirror behavior in mobile Safari and Chrome for iOS.
- WiFi protection via PAC (proxy automatic configuration) file.
- Ghostrank™ collection of page statistics.
- Tap and hold for new tabs.
“Tracking activity on mobile devices is growing in a big way,” says Andy Kahl, a senior analyst for Ghostery. “It’s more important than ever that users understand who is tracking them so they can make informed decisions about how that data is used. Ghostery provides exactly that kind of information and control.”
Ghostery is a unit of Evidon, the leading digital marketing intelligence company. For more information about Ghostery or to download now, please visit www.Ghostery.com
Ghostery® is the web’s largest, most powerful and most user-friendly privacy tool. Ghostery is used by more than 20 million people around the world to reveal the invisible web of technologies tracking them when they visit a website. The application provides a roll call of more than 1,800 ad networks, behavioral data providers, social networks and other companies that collect consumer data, and allows users to block that tracking. An easy add-on for every major browser and available as an iPad and iPhone app, Ghostery helps people around the world understand and control the technologies that are tracking them when they browse.
For more information, please visit: www.ghostery.com
Reveal the invisible web. Evidon grows businesses by delivering new and accurate intelligence on how the digital marketplace really works. With unprecedented insight into the marketing technologies that underpin the commercial internet, brands, agencies, publishers and technologies make more informed decisions that guide their data strategies and drive better results. Evidon technology includesGhostery®, the industry-leading consumer transparency tool. More than ten million Ghostery users worldwide have opted-in to Ghostrank™—the largest panel of its kind. Ghostrank reports on data collection across 26 million web and mobile properties, providing the proprietary business data behind Evidon Labs marketing intelligence solutions. Evidon also provides market-leading privacy controls for more than $2 billion of display media and e-commerce transactions annually that empower more than 150 million people a day to control how their information is used online.
For more information, please visit: www.evidon.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]