BlueKai’s 2014 Predictions: Data Relationships, Programmatic, Measurement and Wearables
ADOTAS — The dataphiles over at BlueKai have made the following predictions for 2014.
1. 2nd-Party Data Relationships Increase As A Result Of A Cookie-less World. Within 12 months the industry will be knee deep in a world where cookies are not the currency of online advertising. Much like the transcontinental railroads in the 1800’s, the key will be to connect this cookie-less world by leveraging solutions that link this growing multi-channel world. This will also create increased dependence on 2nd-party data – the sharing of private data connections in closed door relationships between major brands and publishers – we are already seeing this and 2014 is the year this becomes the primary area of importance. The result: Brands will need to be better informed on executing 1:1 deals which will emphasize the growth of 2nd party data in 2014.
2. Programmatic Will Extend Beyond the Banner. 2014 will be a year in which programmatic buying will go beyond the banner and start to penetrate social media and even Television. This will provide additional insight across additional channels with TV offering more opportunities with the continued rise of the second-screen experience. As a result, brands will look to leverage online customer insights in new channels.
3. Advertising Proves Measurement for the “Other 50%”. 2014 promises to be the year in which brands become more demanding on their marketing ROI. The development of the enterprise-marketing suite dictates that they close the loop on all elements of the marketing mix. With the rise of programmatic buying and big data analytics, brands and ad agencies will be better informed in determining if their messaging really works.Madison Avenue will continue to be upended by analytics as brands will shift marketing dollars more frequently based on real-time statistics and data.
4. Wearable Technology will stand on its own. With the rise of wearable technology like Google Glass, a new media channel will emerge for brands and marketers to gather information. By gathering these insights, a race between wearable technology and mobile will heat up for the channel to beat for insights.
- Pingback from Data & Context in 2014 | Keith Petri's Space
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]