Affiliate Summit West 2014: What Happens In Vegas…
ADOTAS – Happy 2014, everyone! The beginning of the new year has been quite harrowing, hasn’t it? Many of us have experienced bitter cold thanks to something called a “polar vortex,” while others have had to experience FSU fans rant and rave about ending the SEC’s streak of national championships. A good number of us will be making our annual trek to the desert: Right on the heels of the Consumer Electronics Show, thousands of marketers will be descending upon Sin City for the tenth time in nine years for Affiliate Summit West.
Brainchild of Missy Ward and Shawn Collins, Affiliate Summit is the premier conference for affiliates and publishers, networks, agencies, merchants and vendors. The three-day event offers educational sessions on the latest industry issues and fosters an environment of productive networking for one and all. Over 5,400 will be attending this year’s conference at the Paris Las Vegas, enjoying and learning in educational sessions covering web content, social marketing, lead generation, search engine optimization, performance tracking and tons of other topics under the affiliate marketing sun.
In addition to tons of education and networking, Affiliate Summit West offers top-notch, engaging keynotes. Monday morning features Steven Denton, Vice President of Marketing for eBay Enterprise. Denton joined eBay Enterprise in 2010 as the president of eBay Enterprise Media and was most recently responsible for leading the company’s display, retargeting and performance marketing organizations. Prior to joining eBay Enterprise, Denton served as the president of Rakuten LinkShare and has held leadership positions at FedEx, Pepsi and Cross Commerce Media.
Tuesday morning features Derek Flanzraich, the founder and CEO of Greatist, a health and fitness media startup working to make healthy living cool. Flanzraich was previously with Clicker.com (acquired by CBS) and NBC Universal’s Digital Entertainment Strategy & Operations, graduated from Harvard in 2010, and has been building brands and organizations that last since his dog-walking business at 10 years old.
I know what you’re thinking: “With all this awesome content and great networking, what else could Affiliate Summit have to offer?” Well, boys and girls, the networking and learning doesn’t limit itself to the confines of the conference walls! There are educational events such as the Mailer Meetup, where attendees can discuss the latest trends, topics, and technologies in email marketing. Then there are the epic parties, such as ShareASales’ perennial “Under the Stars” event, or Clickbooth’s “Industry Legends Unite” party, featuring hip-hop legends Warren G, 2 Live Crew, and Tone Loc. Add to the list the Affiliate Ball featuring B Real of Cypress Hill, Too Short, and hosted by Flavor Flav, and the Tech Generation event sponsored by HitPath and Liquid Data. And for you football fans, BMI Elite throws a great annual event at Lagasse’s Stadium for the NFL Playoffs – you just need to be working with them to be invited. In fact, there are so many events going on surrounding the Summit, that I can’t list them all here, so ask your fellow attendees and pay attention to invites given out in the exhibition hall. Just be aware that many of these events are RSVP-only or even invite-only, so don’t be upset if you can’t get into all of them.
Of course, you have a world of options outside of the conference and its related events – after all, you’re in Vegas, baby! From sightseeing to gambling, from clubs to shows to strip clubs, have a great time in Las Vegas, take it all in, and I’ll see you at the show! This is Warren G, signing out from 30,000 feet….
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really