AdRoll Announces Acquisition of Y Combinator Graduate userfox
SAN FRANCISCO, January 23, 2014 (ADOTAS) – AdRoll, the most widely adopted retargeting platform, today announced the acquisition of userfox, a Y Combinator-backed startup offering user retention-as-a-service for brand of all sizes. This is AdRoll’s second acquisition, following the company’s purchase of data analytics startup Bitdeli in June 2013.
Founded in 2012 by Peter Clark and Cesar Alaniz, San Francisco-based userfox’s email retention service sends over two million emails per month for thousands of customers. The company was created to tackle challenges faced by the company’s founders while operating Vimessa, a video voicemail application that allows customers to send high-definition video messages to mobile numbers and email addresses. The founders pivoted their business into userfox in November 2012 and launched retention-driven email, newsletter management and A/B testing products in 2013.
Complementary to AdRoll’s goal to help marketers “collect, analyze and act,” on their data, the userfox integration will enable advertisers on AdRoll’s platform to gather and execute on valuable customer data from a variety of sources, including CRMs, email lists, and mobile IDs. As a result of this acquisition, Peter Clark will lead AdRoll’s product efforts to integrate new data sources and partner with email providers.
“Like AdRoll, we created userfox to bring marketing technology typically reserved for Fortune 100 businesses to companies of all sizes and we have always been relentless about raising the bar for simple yet effective products,” said Peter Clark, userfox CEO and co-founder. “I’m excited for the opportunity to focus on helping AdRoll build and deliver delightful, innovative products to tens of thousands of customers around the world.”
“Userfox stood out to us because they share AdRoll’s vision of making complex marketing technology perform for a broad market,” said Aaron Bell (pictured), AdRoll CEO. “AdRoll is dedicated to creating products that drive ROI for marketers and userfox will be a critical addition as we continue to grow this year.”
For more information on this news, please visit the AdRoll blog.
AdRoll is the global leader in retargeting with over 10,000 active advertisers worldwide. The company’s innovative and easy-to-use marketing platform enables brands of all sizes to create personalized ad campaigns based on their own website data, ensuring maximum return on online advertising spend. With a 97 percent customer retention rate, AdRoll provides unmatched transparency and reach across the largest display inventory sources, including Google AdX, Facebook Exchange and Twitter tailored audiences.
The company is backed by leading investors such as Foundation Capital, Accel Partners, Merus Capital, and Peter Thiel. For more information, please visitwww.adroll.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]