5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Now: Bud, Jaguar, Volvo, Belstaff, ESPN
ADOTAS – Puppies get sentimental, Jaguar courts villains and ESPN has a long week. Yep, it’s just another week in Adland! But which new ads have been gaining eyeballs on the Unruly Viral Video Chart over the last seven days? Which ads have been the talk of the online world this week? Well, here are our 5 choices for you to feast your eyes on. Enjoy!
Budweiser continues its long road to Super Bowl Sunday with the aptly-named “Puppy Love”. A spiritual sequel to the wildly popular ”Brotherhood“ from last year, this Hallmark card of an ad hits all the same gooey sweet spots.
Borrowing a Kleenex puppy for the afternoon, agency Anomaly paints an adorable tale of dog meets horse, dog adopted by puppie in sunglasses, then dog finally reunited with horse.
Though it covers some of the same ground as ‘Brotherhood’, we’ll have to wait and see if it can achieve the viral heights of that ad, which has been shared over 2 million times.
If you thought the reason British actors always play villains in American films was because they demand lower salaries, well, apparently, you’re wrong. According to Jaguar’s dynamic Super Bowl entry, we Brits just can’t escape our essential villainy.
With the formidable cast of Sir Ben Kingsley, Mark Strong and Tom Hiddleston, agency Spark 44 shows our three masterminds converging on a country manor, while twirling their proverbial moustaches. Though it’s unclear quite what evil schemes our three would-be Blofeld’s are wrapped up in, I’m going to assume space lasers and offshore bank accounts are somehow involved.
In a week when American patriotism in advertising tends to reach an ecstatic peak, Jaguar’s celebration of the good ol’ British bad guy is a nice change of pace.
Speaking of patriotism, Volvo’s latest spot cuts through the Super Bowl noise to do a little flag-waving of its own. And it’s been incredibly effective, easily placing among the most shared ads of the week.
The title, “Made by Sweden”, says it all. The Forsman & Bodenfors-produced spot celebrates the essential character of the Scandinavian utopia. According to the ad, this involves: jumping in freezing water, driving through snowstorms, hugging your family, hunting deer and having a few decent football players.
With all this going, who knows how they find time to build cars? Oh, and also those little meatballs they sell at Ikea – where’s their parade?
A remarkably-clothed David Beckham stars in this spot from purveyors of leather jackets and general coolness, Belstaff.
While advertisers have historically found it difficult to keep the footballing legend clothed on camera, Belstaff’s “Ride On” is apparently taking things slow. The spot finds Beckham, and some similarly rugged chums, riding motorbikes through a wheat field. The spot confirms our suspicion that Beckham looks cool doing pretty much anything.
Scene not included: David and friends having a meltdown when they realise they’ve left their sandwiches at the petrol station. Nightmare!
With the Super Bowl mere days away, this week’s top spot has to go to the undefeated champs of deadpan sports ads: ESPN’s SportsCenter.
For years, the sports channel has been cranking out reliably hilarious shorts putting athletes and anchors alongside each other (just check out some compilations on YouTube if you don’t believe me). To celebrate the upcoming clash between the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos, agency Weiden + Kennedy have produced another quick and silly classic.
With over 90,000 shares since its release earlier this week, ‘Long Week’ is just short and fun enough to amuse even those who can’t tell a Hail Mary from Mary Berry.
– Jamie Fraser
- Pingback from Adotas
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]