CPXi: 2014 Will Be the Year of Programmatic Creative
ADOTAS – 2014 will be the year of programmatic. No tough prediction there. Let me go further: I believe that 2014 will be the year of programmatic creative. Google it, you will find me talking about it.
Programmatic media buying is just part of the equation. It’s a great start. We now need the means to allow creative to stay in step. That won’t be the last piece of the puzzle by the way. We also need programmatic analytics, measurement and more. For 2014, its Programmatic Creative.
Let’s be clear. Programmatic creative is NOT dynamic display. Dynamic display allows real time message modifications based on data signals. Programmatic creative is a much more measured and controlled means to create and iterate messaging in real time, which gives brands and publishers control over what is said and what is run. For my clients, programmatic creative means taking advantage of programmatic media by driving ticket sales, more fans, more customers, and in turn, more sales.
We’ve put so much effort into getting the right ad to the right consumer at the right time, this year we’ll need to start working on the creative so that the ad can be as effective as possible. This includes building ads that are optimized for new formats beyond your standard leaderboard, medium rectangle and in-banner video ads. What about billboards, filmstrips, skyscrapers and pushdown ads, for instance? Now marketers are able to create ads in a variety of sizes at the moment that it is needed.
Why hasn’t this taken off yet? Well, in the past it has been too expensive and too time consuming. Now the technology has caught up and marketers can act efficiently and effectively. The ads can be built just as quickly as the targeting and the buy.
It’s wonderful that marketers have a lot of information about their audience’s interests and buying habits, but creativity requires marketers to think about how they are building ads that resonate and drive an action. While this has been a problem in the past, technology has caught up and we now have the ability to create on-demand ads that are built in a real-time setting.
This is the true potential of programmatic. Programmatic advertising infused with programmatic creative is the trend that will take off next year. Now that advertisers have gotten their bearings set to hit the target, the creative needs to catch up.
Part of my mission is to bring a more programmatic approach to creative, creative based more in data. I like your thought, though the way you talk about it still sounds a lot like programmatic media.
Leave a Comment
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use