Videology Announces Massive Asian Expansion
SINGAPORE, December 16, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Videology, one of the world’s largest video advertising platforms, today announced a major expansion of its Asian leadership team with the creation of five new regional positions.
In order to leverage both the rapid growth of video advertising demand and the potential for greater expansion in Asia, the company has invested in new expertise to service the region, including a dedicated regional director, as well as leaders in strategy, operations, client services and supply-side technologies.
The appointments represent a serious boost to Videology’s teams across Southeast Asia, and reflect the company’s strong growth since it first set up in the region in 2012. This expansion follows the announcement last month that Videology was selected as the technology partner to fuel YAHOO! Japan’s newly launched premium video advertising platform. Videology also works with major advertising holding companies across Southeast Asia. According to the IAB, 41% of the worldwide Internet audience now resides in the Asia Pacific region, compared to 14% in North America and 27% in Europe. Moreover, digital advertising is expected to grow 16% across the region in 2014. While specific figures for online video are not available from the IAB, Videology expects growth to significantly outpace that of overall digital spending due to the relative size and lifecycle of the medium.
“Asian media is making the transition to digital even faster than in other parts of the world. Advertisers and agencies are anxious to harness the emotional power of video as part of a screen-agnostic approach as consumers increasingly add tablet, mobile and PC viewing to their TV diet,” said Ken Pao (pictured), Managing Director, APAC at Videology. “These leadership appointments will ensure that we are able to offer our partners industry-leading expertise in targeting their messages and securing premium video inventory across the region.”
The full list of appointments is as follows:
- Byron Munson becomes Regional Director for Southeast Asia and India and will lead Videology’s operations across the region to bring market-leading technology solutions to its agency holding company and media partners. He has more than 13 years of media experience in Australia, the UK and APAC, including positions with Adconion Media Group, Pacific Magazines, DDB and McCann Worldgroup.
- Michael D’Ambrosio becomes Director of Supply for APAC and will oversee the sourcing of premium quality inventory across the region as well as rolling out supply-side tools to publisher partners. He was previously part of the Videology’s European team and has also worked at Lycos and InSkin Media in the UK.
- Kristian Claxton has been named as the first Commercial Accounts Director for South-East Asia and will build relationships with Videology’s agency partners and particularly trading desk experts. He was part of the launch team for Videology in the UK and Ireland and has also worked at Ebiquity, MEC and Channel 4 in the UK.
- Fiona Tate becomes Director of Strategy for APAC and will work to ensure consistency of priorities and development across the region. She has more than 10 years of experience in operational and client service roles in both Europe and Asia, including positions at Komli Media, Admax Network and Advertising.com.
- Edward Yuen has been named as Director of Operations for APAC and will oversee the Videology product and technical operations, working with clients to ensure Videology tools and products continue to lead the market. He has previously worked for both TVN and Yahoo!.
The five will work alongside the existing Videology APAC team led by Ken Pao and will also liaise with Videology’s recently announced global experts, Rhys McLachlan, Head of Global TV Strategies, and Jana Eisenstein, Senior Vice President of Global Accounts.
Videology (videologygroup.com) is one of the world’s largest video advertising platforms. By simplifying big data, we empower marketers and media companies to make smarter advertising decisions to fully harness the value of their audience across screens. Our math and science-based technology enables our customers to manage, measure and optimize digital video and TV advertising to achieve the best results in the converging media landscape.
Videology, Inc., is a privately-held, venture-backed company, whose investors include Catalyst Investors, Comcast Ventures, NEA, Pinnacle Ventures, and Valhalla Partners. Videology is headquartered in Baltimore, MD, with key offices in New York, Austin, Toronto, London, Paris, Madrid, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney and sales teams across North America.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Qriously Expands U.S. & U.K. Marketing & Sales Teams, Opens Paris Office
- iSocket Announces New Partnerships with Kantar Media and MediaMath
- Interactive Video Goes Global, Sizmek Reveals in New Benchmarks Report
- eZanga.com Addresses the Implications of Google AdWords Changes
- Vertical Search Works Acquires addGloo