Sprint and DigitasLBi Develop First-of-its-Kind Gesture-Based Retail Experience
CHICAGO, December 05, 2013 (ADOTAS) — DigitasLBi, a global marketing and technology agency, and Sprint have created a new, gesture-based, interactive retail experience called “Shop. Hands Free. In 3D.” that allows consumers to browse Sprint products and plans without touching a screen or clicking a mouse.
This new way to shop will be an invitation-only destination during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week™ in Las Vegas, December 6, 2013. In addition to shopping for phones, customers and prospects can also take pictures in a virtual photo booth that can be shared on social media.
To interact with the experience, users move their hands through the air above a Leap Motion controller, which displays their actions onto a large screen ahead. To attract NASCAR® fans to the installation and add to the wow-factor, DigitasLBi created an eye-catching branded podium to house the technology.
“People have had an overwhelmingly positive reaction to the experience,” says Itai Asseo, VP, Group Creative Architect, and North America Lead for DigitasLBi Labs. “They’ve never seen anything like it before. It gets people—especially younger people—talking about their phones, and about the next phone they want to buy. This is the right technology to reach out to the new generation of potential Sprint customers.”
“‘Shop. Hands Free. In 3D.’ is a new way for Sprint customers and prospects to interact with the brand that is entertaining and deeply engaging,” says Lane Allison, Sprint Program Manager. “It’s another indication to consumers that we’re more than just a wireless company; we continue to innovate in new and exciting ways.”
Customers and prospects supply their email addresses to receive their picture from the virtual photo booth as well as a link to the items they browsed. They can then complete their purchase on their mobile device.
The pilot installation of “Shop. Hands Free. In 3D.” was produced by innovation teams at Sprint and DigitasLBi Labs, a global group of technologists within the agency dedicated to digital innovation. It was unveiled earlier this year during NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ race weekends at the Chicagoland (September) and Kansas Speedways (October). Over a three-day period, the conversion rate (emails captured) of participants was over 69 percent. Due to the success of the pilot, Sprint is now considering other opportunities beyond NASCAR-sanctioned events.
To see a video of the “Shop. Hands Free. In 3D.” pilot installation at a NASCAR racing event, see below. To experience it firsthand, please contact Barbara Nonas at , and she can arrange for you to demo the technology in the Innovation Room of the DigitasLBi New York office.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading ad [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]