Sojern Secures $10 Million in Series C Funding Led by Triangle Peak Partners
SAN FRANCISCO, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Sojern, the world’s leading traveler engagement platform, today announced that it has raised $10 million in Series C funding. Triangle Peak Partners led the round with the full participation of existing investors: Norwest Venture Partners, Trident Capital, Focus Ventures and Industry Ventures.
Over the last few years, Sojern’s rapid growth has been fueled by the increasing demand for effective, data-driven marketing solutions within the travel space. In recognition of its momentum, Sojern was recently named the fastest-growing travel technology company on Deloitte’s 2013 Fast 500 list, with a 3,811% fiscal year revenue growth between 2008 and 2012. On the heels of this growth the company expanded internationally in 2013, opening its EMEA headquarters in London in Q1.
The company plans to use the recent investment to continue to innovate and scale its industry-leading Sojern Traveler Platform which is powered by machine-learning technology, enhanced programmatic buying (real-time bidding), and data-derived insights. Sojern will use the funds to aggressively recruit commercial, engineering and data science talent to develop even more granular, self-optimized and intelligent targeting solutions.
“We are pleased with the clear market validation and excited to accelerate our growth further with fresh capital,” said Mark Rabe (pictured), CEO at Sojern. “Simply put, we plan to continue delivering world class solutions to our 500+ travel customers.”
In related news, Sojern has appointed Curtis Atkisson, an industry veteran with more than 20 years of travel and finance experience, as Chief Financial Officer. Atkisson was previously the co-founder of Affinity Labs and supported its successful exit to Monster in 2008. Prior to that, he held multiple finance positions with United Airlines, Ameniti Travel and Chase Manhattan Bank.
“We are excited to partner with Sojern,” said Dain DeGroff, President of Triangle Peak Partners. “They have a great management team that has executed very well and is pursuing strong growth opportunities. We were attracted to their ability to use their very large amounts of data to deliver unique performance based advertising solutions to their customers.”
Headquartered in San Francisco with key offices in New York, Omaha and London, Sojern is the world’s leading data-driven traveler engagement platform that delivers the most efficient marketing, distribution, monetization and insight solutions at scale. Since 2007, the company has helped top travel brands like American Airlines, American Express, Avis|Budget Group, Choice, Enterprise, Hertz, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Las Vegas Tourism, Marriott, Microsoft, Samsonite, Starwood, United, and US Airways more efficiently and meaningfully engage with travelers to drive conversions, loyalty and monetization.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]