New Vindico Adtricity Report Finds Nearly 60% of Digital Video Ads Lack the Opportunity to Be Seen by a Viewer
NEW YORK, December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Leading video ad server Vindico today released the findings of their latest report conducted through the company’s digital video ad viewability and verification tool, Adtricity. The report analyzed over 3.9 billion video ad impressions that passed through Adtricity over a two-month period. Adtricity measures the quality of the video ad by analyzing over 100 metrics including ad placement, player size and performance.
Vindico’s Adtricity found that nearly six out of 10 online video ads lack the opportunity to be seen by a viewer. Estimates indicate the high instances of non-viewable video ads have a significant impact on CPM, with the cost to deliver viewable ads surging 133%, given that current waste.
The Adtricity data report also found that viewability varies by publisher site type: Major Media Brands, Internet Brands or Ad Networks/Exchanges. Over the two-month period, Major Media Brands reported the highest viewability, at times tripling the degree of viewability compared to other placements across the different publisher site types.
“Online video advertising is a young and quickly growing space,” said Matt Timothy (pictured), president of Vindico. “What these findings show is that we’re building that space on a rickety foundation. We as an industry need to start behaving more like our counterparts in Television in terms of quality and create a sustainable, healthy industry and a clear path for brand investment.”
Vindico, which delivers roughly 30-40% of the industry’s digital video advertisements, has made it a mission to help clean up the fraudulent and manufactured video views reported to agencies and brands. The company cites three critical components for best practices in viewability measurement:
- Scale: A solution tied to an ad serving platform, such as Vindico, reduces complexity and offers much-needed market coverage.
- Comprehensive Look: A viewability solution must have the ability to fully ‘read’ the impression to ensure the greatest degree of measurable impressions. Solutions dependent on geometric coordinates alone miss significant opportunities for measurement.
- Reporting: Frequency and depth of analysis (such as reporting down to the second) is necessary to properly evaluate campaign performance.
Vindico’s Adtricity is a comprehensive measurement of quality unifying two concepts: verification and viewability. Adtricity’s standardized and transparent system of measurement evaluates over 100 metrics.
Go to vindico.com/adtricity for more information.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]