Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., (NASDAQ: FUEL), a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) advertising solutions for digital marketers, today announced that Simon Hayhurst (pictured) has joined the company as Senior Vice President of Product & Business Development. With over 20 years of experience in Silicon Valley and Europe, he has a passion for cutting-edge technology and industry disruption, such as pioneering new forms of augmented reality advertising that Google Glass will one day make commonplace. Hayhurst will lead Rocket Fuel’s product management, product marketing, and business development teams.
- Hayhurst was most recently the Senior Vice President of Product Management at YuMe, where he led product strategy and execution through its IPO.
- Previously, Hayhurst served as Senior Vice President of Marketing at Autonomy, and was responsible for launching Aurasma, an industry-leading platform for movie promotion, retail marketing and other applications, and for leading marketing of Autonomy’s suite of web, social and call center products.
- Hayhurst also held leadership product roles at Adobe, where he increased market share from 21 percent to 45 percent for their video and audio tools software portfolio, while also reversing declining revenues.
- At Silicon Graphics, his work ranged in applications as diverse as oil exploration to car design to virtual reality, and was responsible for a $300M portfolio of hardware and software solutions.
- He started his career at IBM, working at IBM Hursley Labs in the UK within their collaborative software group.
- He holds a Masters in Engineering from Cambridge University, and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, with patents and applications spanning augmented reality, social media, video production, and graphics visualization.
- “Simon has a unique blend of scientific intelligence and emotional intelligence, and also a unique background spanning media from his time at YuMe and Adobe, and artificial intelligence from his time at IBM and Autonomy,” said George John, CEO of Rocket Fuel. “Our executive staff and I are very excited to add him to our team as we scale rapidly to address new opportunities to use artificial intelligence to improve measureable business outcomes for the world’s leading digital marketers.”
- “I’m excited to join Rocket Fuel as we disrupt the advertising and marketing world by freeing marketers from manual allocation of resources to focus on their craft of inspiring and informing customers,” said Hayhurst. “Nothing is more fun than the opportunity to join lovable nerds to create a powerful always-on marketing platform that learns by harnessing big data, AI and cutting-edge technology.”
About Rocket Fuel
Rocket Fuel delivers a leading programmatic media-buying platform at Big Data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to improve marketing ROI in digital media across web, mobile, video, and social channels. Rocket Fuel powers digital advertising and marketing programs globally for customers in North America, Europe, and Japan. Customers trust Rocket Fuel’s Advertising That Learns® platform to achieve brand and direct-response objectives in diverse industries from luxury cars to groceries to retail. Rocket Fuel currently operates in over 20 offices worldwide and trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “FUEL.” For more information, please visit http://www.rocketfuel.com or call 1-888-717-8873.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- AffinityAnswers Expands to Germany, UK; AppsFlyer’s New Analysis Tool; SourceMedia Adds Data-Driven Products; Ad Serving, Direct Deals & OTT Drive SpotX’s Growth; Jenny Jones Joins Telmar NA
- Loi Sapin 2.0: Parlez-vous Transparency? What the New French Law Means for Global Marketers
- They’re Here! SMS, Chatbots & a Halo of AI
- Rapt Media and Kaltura Team Up
- Ad-Juster Launches New Concierge Service from NYC; Promotes Sharon Smith; Brings in James Lane & Joseph Justin Lewis