EXCLUSIVE: How Multichannel Saved Multiplaz Over $200K Using a New Method for Fighting Ad Fraud
ADOTAS – Automation is redefining the ad industry, but a primary concern for advertisers is relying on computer algorithms to determine the best placement for ads online. With ad fraud and botnet traffic on the rise, some ad networks are rife with questionable websites that may appear to yield high volumes of traffic, while in actuality they have little to no audience for advertisers.
Multichannel, an artificial intelligence ad company is using automation in an entirely new way to combat ad fraud for its clients. The company just announced the findings of a new case study for client Multiplaz that reveals how they identified click-fraud draining ad dollars and increased sales by over 13 percent, helping to save the company over $200,000.
“Multichannel has proven to be very precise with its evaluations and recommendations for online and social marketing planning for our business,” said Multiplaz CEO Patricia Lewis-Hansen. “Collaboration with Multichannel resulted increased efficiency of media exposure and elimination of fraudulent media spending.”
Using its “improvements” module, Multichannel tracked the effectiveness of Multiplaz’s online display advertising campaigns and identified 12 placements that were generating zero sales but were costing the company $206,495 every year. This amounted to nearly three-quarters of Multiplaz’s annual budget for display network. Even worse, further analysis showed that Multiplaz had been victimized by a high concentration of unscrupulous sites whose primary objective is to generate profits through bogus clicks.
On a weekly basis, the Multichannel solution blocked about 85 bad Multiplaz placements. As a result, expenses are down 5 percent, sales are up 12 percent, and losses from click fraud are now less than 1 percent.
“Multichannel’s only focus is on conversion and ROI. Our algorithms crunch big data in real-time to improve your sales. Vanity figures like impressions don’t impact the bottom line enough. That’s why we offer a 30-day trial, proving our value,” explained Dmitry Fedotov, CEO and founder of Multichannel.
Adotas spoke exclusively with Fedotov to pick his brain about where the market is headed.
“The new edge of development in marketing is driven by efficiency; advertisers want to see exactly what they get for their marketing budget spent,” he said. “The demand for this was always in place, even in times of ‘Mad Men.’ Yet, the real ability to start becoming efficient aroused fairly recently, pretty much at the time when you lost the illusion of being anonymous online. But what personally fascinates me the most is that we are moving towards the climax of any marketing professional since the beginning of their days – the ability to reach out to the right customer at the right time with the right message.”
When asked about how artificial intelligence drives campaign management, Fedotov responded:
“If you hear terms like ‘Big Data,’ ‘ROI orientation’ and ‘Cross-platform analytics’ in the boardroom, you’re already there. Now, what these terms actually mean is quite simple: common practices for every business including developing a collection of information about customers, suppliers, competitors and partners. Current technology development processes this data and turns it into a variety of wonderful things: new customer groups, repeat orders, increased loyalty, decreased acquisition costs and even allots time to outline strategies for future company development. Automation does so by utilizing increasingly smart, self-learning and independent algorithms, which can predict patterns of customer behavior — their likes and dislikes and best (or most cost-efficient) ways to reach them. In a nutshell, it turns your data into profit.”
Automation certainly is here for the long haul, but the companies that are able to adapt and refine the technology to further the industry — such as through combating ad fraud — will emerge as the clear winners.
not sure how unique or novel this approach is, we were doing this 13 years ago at advertising.com
Leave a Comment
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me!
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV