Disappointing Black Friday Sales? It’s Not Too Late to Profit from the Holidays
EDMONTON, AB November 30, 2013, (ADOTAS) — The Thanksgiving weekend traditionally marks the beginning of the shopping spree that lasts until after Christmas. More and more of it is happening online, and many retailers are losing business to their more web-savvy competitors. But it’s not to late to make a few small tweaks that will help make sure your business doesn’t miss out completely, says retail online marketing expert Tema Frank (pictured), owner of Frank Online Marketing and Web Mystery Shoppers Inc.
Online sales are up nearly 20% from last year, and using mobile phones to help locate and buy the products people want is skyrocketing. If you don’t want to miss out, you need to at least be findable on social media, even if you don’t have your own website. Frank, who also hosts the weekly podcast, the Frank Online Marketing Show, advises companies to take these steps right away, even if they don’t have a website:
1. Make sure your business has a Facebook Page. It’s free and easy to do. Facebook has easy to follow instructions.
2. Next, tell everyone you know about it. If you have any personal social media accounts, use them and encourage your friends and fans to “Like” your page. If you have a mailing list, use it to tell people about your page.
3. Run Cyber Monday and pre-Christmas sales on a few items, ideally including at least one that will appeal to a lot of people. Then tell everyone about those sales.
4. If you have a website, put those special offers on your website, and link from your Facebook page to the page on your website where you’ve got your special offers. You don’t want to be dependent on Facebook for all your business in the long run, because they might change their rules. They are are already making it harder and harder to be seen on Facebook if you aren’t paying to advertise there.
5. Offer people discounts or something else they’d value in exchange for give you their e-mail address. Save them in a free e-mailing program like MailChimp, and start sending out newsletters.
Want more free advice? Get ’10 Tips to Get My Website Ready For the Holiday Season’. Visit Frank Online Marketing and look for the box with the orange header.
About Frank Online Marketing
Frank Online Marketing helps retailers profit from the Internet, with web and mobile marketing strategies. Web Mystery Shoppers Inc. does mystery shopping of websites, helping companies understand what needs to be changed to improve sales conversion rates.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use