Black Friday Becomes ‘Mobile Friday’
ADOTAS — Online shopping on Black Friday a hit with 16% sales growth compared to Black Friday 2012, according to the Custora Pulse. The Custora High-Growth E-Commerce Index, including 50 of the fastest growing online retailers, grew by 40% vs 2012.
Custora’s Black Friday Online Shopping Highlights:
- Black Friday was “Mobile Friday”, with almost 40% of all online shopping done on mobile devices.
- While Apple devices – iPhones and iPads – ruled online shopping with more than 80% of mobile orders made through them, Android phones and tablets are gaining share – up to 16% of mobile orders from 14% in 2012.
- How did online shoppers find what they wanted? Over a fifth of all online sales can be attributed to marketing emails from retailers.
- Google is still the gatekeeper to online shopping, with almost 40% of e-commerce orders on Black Friday originating on Organic Search (24%) and Paid Search (15%).
- Social Commerce didn’t happen on Black Friday: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest combined accounted for less than 1% of online shopping.
Meanwhile, a new blog post from Kenshoo details key findings from an analysis of retail paid search advertising over Thanksgiving and Black Friday. The study found phones and tablets accounting for nearly 40 percent of ad spend. Other highlights include:
- A 33 percent year-over-year increase in Thanksgiving ad spend.
- A 21 percent year-over-year budget lift for Black Friday.
- 73 percent of all revenue came from desktop computers.
- Phones and tablets accounted for 44 percent of all paid search clicks.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]