Black Friday Becomes ‘Mobile Friday’
ADOTAS — Online shopping on Black Friday a hit with 16% sales growth compared to Black Friday 2012, according to the Custora Pulse. The Custora High-Growth E-Commerce Index, including 50 of the fastest growing online retailers, grew by 40% vs 2012.
Custora’s Black Friday Online Shopping Highlights:
- Black Friday was “Mobile Friday”, with almost 40% of all online shopping done on mobile devices.
- While Apple devices – iPhones and iPads – ruled online shopping with more than 80% of mobile orders made through them, Android phones and tablets are gaining share – up to 16% of mobile orders from 14% in 2012.
- How did online shoppers find what they wanted? Over a fifth of all online sales can be attributed to marketing emails from retailers.
- Google is still the gatekeeper to online shopping, with almost 40% of e-commerce orders on Black Friday originating on Organic Search (24%) and Paid Search (15%).
- Social Commerce didn’t happen on Black Friday: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest combined accounted for less than 1% of online shopping.
Meanwhile, a new blog post from Kenshoo details key findings from an analysis of retail paid search advertising over Thanksgiving and Black Friday. The study found phones and tablets accounting for nearly 40 percent of ad spend. Other highlights include:
- A 33 percent year-over-year increase in Thanksgiving ad spend.
- A 21 percent year-over-year budget lift for Black Friday.
- 73 percent of all revenue came from desktop computers.
- Phones and tablets accounted for 44 percent of all paid search clicks.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Xcelerated Marketing Recognized with Top Honors at 2014 Content Marketing Awards
- InMobi inks global partnership with Factual to increase Mobile Ad Efficacy for Brands
- Eyeview and LiveRamp Partnership Delivers Powerful Data Solutions to Brands
- Rubicon Project Selected to Power Global Exchange for International Media Group, Future plc
- Evolve Media Further Strengthens Viewability Through Partnership with Moat