Study: Retailers That Embrace Interactive Consumer Technology in Stores Are Poised to Succeed on Black Friday
NEW YORK, November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Shoppers this season are vastly more tech savvy than those who battled last year’s Black Friday crowds. Tablet and mobile device ownership has been on a steep rise since the beginning of this year–even among the retired set and young children. Touch screens in kiosks are the norm. Smart devices, toys and gadgets are all around us. As a result, this year’s shoppers are even more accustomed leveraging technology throughout their lives. On Black Friday, the retail stores that have implemented entertaining consumer tech experiences within their physical storefronts will likely have a leg up over their competition since such stores are already showing sales increases over their own traditional retail locations.
Build-A-Bear Workshop’s store locations for example have seen a consistent 20-30 percent increase in sales over its traditional retail stores. Their interactive technology, implemented by Infusion and other technology companies, provides customers with a compelling, immersive and visual experience that draws in guests. Guest satisfaction and repeat visits have also increased in these locations.
RadioShack recently opened several concept stores with interactive experiences that will be part of a new generation of stores being rolled out in high-traffic, high-profile locations. Three concept stores are now open in time for Black Friday. For RadioShack, Infusion created a series of customer involvements including: an interactive storefront window experience that tracks passersby to draw their attention, a video toy adventure playing on displays inside the store, and a product showcase wall that uses Windows Kinect to identify when consumers are interacting with a product so it can subsequently play the corresponding sizzle reel.
Even Richtree Natural Market Restaurants’ flagship location in Toronto’s new Eaton Centre is attracting shoppers with its new hologram hostess – Mrs. Green – who entertains and educates customers, a kid’s zone with a touch-based entertainment wall as well as digital ordering kiosks. Richtree worked closely with innovation experts from Infusion to build a customer experience that utilizes exciting technology and make a statement to visitors that they are now entering an innovative, engaging, and technologically advanced space.
“Immersive, entertaining and relevant technology can give retailers a significant edge this holiday season and into the future,” said Peter Rivera, VP, Executive Creative Director, and General Manager at Infusion’s Digital Agency. “The right experience not only draws in customers but immerses them into the overall store brand. Even during the mad rush on Black Friday, these retailers will attract key shoppers and drive sales as a result.”
About Infusion Infusion unites insight, creativity, and technology to accelerate and transform business for leading companies around the world. From high performance trading systems to next-generation retail environments and beyond, Infusion creates digital experiences and advanced technology solutions that bring our clients’ business to new levels. Founded in New York City in 1998, Infusion today is a team of more than 500 people in offices across the globe. Infusion has deep expertise in digital design, emerging and legacy technologies, Web portal development, enterprise solutions and managed services. Infusion’s expertise extends across the major industries, including retail, financial services, oil and gas, health and life sciences, entertainment, hospitality, education, and public sector.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really