It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like (a Mobile) Christmas
LONDON and BALTIMORE, November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) — It is widely anticipated this year will be a mobile Christmas. In fact, John Lewis has predicted Christmas Day will see mobile traffic overtake desktop for the first time.
Mobile stats from Affiliate Window also indicate mobile activity is ramping up. Assessing millions of clicks and sales from affiliate programs of some of the largest retailers, the company have seen the share of tablet and handset traffic hit 35% at weekends, with an increasing share of that through smartphones. With one in every six clicks originating from a mobile handset, can you afford not to be mobile ready this Christmas?
- On Sunday, November 17, 35% of traffic came through a mobile device. The iPhone and iPad were neck and neck with 13.4% each.
- With Cyber Monday (December 2) fast approaching, mobile will play an increasingly important role in the peak trading period. We expect a significant increase on last year’s 6% share of sales through mobile handsets.
- Additional mobile peaks are widely anticipated. We traditionally see spikes in mobile traffic at the weekend and last year saw mobile performance peak on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- With sales starting earlier than ever, the connected mobile consumer is a captive audience over the festive break.
- Mobile optimized sites have increased conversion rates significantly through handsets while also driving up average order values.
- Average order values through mobile handsets stood at $75 last December. Consumers are widely predicted to spend even more through mobile this year.
- Affiliate Window is the network with the highest proportion of its mobile activity tracked – standing at 95%. If you’re an advertiser running an affiliate campaign make sure your tracking is in place on your m-commerce platform.
- With the most comprehensive suite of mobile reporting tools available from any network, we make it easy to monitor your performance by device – from volumes of traffic to conversion rate and EPC by device.
Who is currently performing through mobile devices? Our top 20 retailers across mobile devices by percentage of sales are:
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]