It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like (a Mobile) Christmas
LONDON and BALTIMORE, November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) — It is widely anticipated this year will be a mobile Christmas. In fact, John Lewis has predicted Christmas Day will see mobile traffic overtake desktop for the first time.
Mobile stats from Affiliate Window also indicate mobile activity is ramping up. Assessing millions of clicks and sales from affiliate programs of some of the largest retailers, the company have seen the share of tablet and handset traffic hit 35% at weekends, with an increasing share of that through smartphones. With one in every six clicks originating from a mobile handset, can you afford not to be mobile ready this Christmas?
- On Sunday, November 17, 35% of traffic came through a mobile device. The iPhone and iPad were neck and neck with 13.4% each.
- With Cyber Monday (December 2) fast approaching, mobile will play an increasingly important role in the peak trading period. We expect a significant increase on last year’s 6% share of sales through mobile handsets.
- Additional mobile peaks are widely anticipated. We traditionally see spikes in mobile traffic at the weekend and last year saw mobile performance peak on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- With sales starting earlier than ever, the connected mobile consumer is a captive audience over the festive break.
- Mobile optimized sites have increased conversion rates significantly through handsets while also driving up average order values.
- Average order values through mobile handsets stood at $75 last December. Consumers are widely predicted to spend even more through mobile this year.
- Affiliate Window is the network with the highest proportion of its mobile activity tracked – standing at 95%. If you’re an advertiser running an affiliate campaign make sure your tracking is in place on your m-commerce platform.
- With the most comprehensive suite of mobile reporting tools available from any network, we make it easy to monitor your performance by device – from volumes of traffic to conversion rate and EPC by device.
Who is currently performing through mobile devices? Our top 20 retailers across mobile devices by percentage of sales are:
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- 65% of Marketers See Digital Video Drives Offline Sales: Sequent Partners’ Study
- What the 2016 Election Can Teach Marketers About Using Digital Media
- Deep Learning–AI that Recognizes Attitude & Intention–From RTB House
- New Hires At: IRIS.TV; Drumroll; Gamut
- 7 Digital Advertising Trends to Achieve Record Results This Holiday Season