Dude: Woven Acquires Brotips
NEW YORK, November 20, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Woven (http://www.woven.com), the creative media and advertising agency, announces today the acquisition of Brotips (http://www.brotips.com/), a top online property powered by social media that shares tips of wisdom across Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. This acquisition enables a variety of monetization opportunities, leveraging Woven’s network across the millennial male audience that extends to 33 MM unique visitors a month and boasts of over five million users on their mobile network alone.
Woven owns or exclusively represents popular, high-traffic online properties that include TheCHIVE, BroBible, WorldStarHipHop, MediaTakeOut and Guyism, among many other leading male brands, allowing them the insight and expertise to catapult brands such as Brotips.com into recognition as the network encompasses the largest and most relevant destination sites for men between the ages of 18-34. Through Woven’s dynamic approach to showcasing brands through custom technology and unique advertising platforms, the company has historically executed custom social media campaigns, editorial promotions, sweepstakes and polls that have generated unmatched user engagement.
“On Facebook alone, Brotips reaches over 500,000 unique users monthly and averages about 74,000 unique views per tip,” says Alex Boyce, CSO at Woven. “This is a strong indicator of high growth and community engagement, representative of a company that has a deep understanding of the social media landscape as well as the criteria for content consumers who facilitate sharing within this demographic. We are excited to welcome Brotips into the Woven family and can’t wait to leverage our extensive experience to help grow this young media channel.”
“What really piqued my interest and drove me to get involved was the unprecedented virality these little bite-sized tips had online and in the social-sphere” says Mossab Basir, early-stage investor in Brotips who will continue to work with the brand. “The virality of this content is what makes the property and it’s social channels so valuable to readers and advertisers alike.”
Brotips Founding President Yousef Khraibut said, “This acquisition is very positive as it allows me and the Brotips team to leverage our respective skill-sets and contribute to a variety of Woven’s properties, also aligning us with like-minded content sites.” He continued, “We’ve created one of the most recognizable and largest online brands and communities, and we’re confident that as a key part of Woven’s owned & operated portfolio, we can put even more horsepower behind the brand.”
Brotips is a powerhouse for media companies as it was born a short two years ago and has exploded to over 650K Twitter followers, solidifying itself as one of the leading online properties for millennial males.
“The Brotips brand and its growing clout online makes it an attractive property with a number of viable opportunities ahead of it,” said Mark Cuban, when he seeded the startup just over 2 years ago in September 2011.
Woven is a paradigm-changing creative shop that catapults brands into recognition by radically changing how media and advertising content is created and absorbed. Specializing in male-focused lifestyle and entertainment outlets – they own or exclusively represent The Chive, BroBible, WorldStarHipHop, MediaTakeOut and Guyism, among many other leading male brands – Woven’s reach extends to 33MM unique visitors a month (and growing), their mobile network boasts over 5 million users, and they encompass the largest and most relevant destination sites for men 18-34.
Woven’s award winning team understands how men’s thinking and behavior informs the way they share and interact with media, and their dynamic approach showcases brands through custom technology and unique advertising platforms. Custom social media campaigns, editorial promotions, sweepstakes and polls generate unmatched user engagement – often resulting in thousands of shares, comments, likes, and tweets – and their hugely popular “Woven Originals” exemplify the expert ability of their original content to both entertain and enable advertisers to connect with the right audiences and publishers – exceeding industry goals and benchmarks.
With offices in New York, Chicago and L.A., and revenue that’s nearly tripled since January 2013, Woven is poised to indelibly revolutionize the media and advertising industries.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]