VIRURL Acquires Revenue.com, Rebrands Under New Moniker
SANTA MONICA, CALIF, October 2, 2013 (ADOTAS) – VIRURL, a pioneering native advertising company incubated by INVENT Ventures, Inc. (IDEA), today announced it has acquired the online domain Revenue.com and is rebranding under this company name to reflect its mission of giving publishers the needed tools to earn more ad revenue. By posting relevant, sponsored articles and videos directly into their content feeds, this new In-Stream ad technology delivers over a 9.2% click-through rate compared to traditional banner ad performance (0.1%). In recognition of the company’s ground-breaking technology, the venture backed Silicon Beach startup has been nominated as a finalist in the “Advertising” category at the 3rd Annual Siemer Silicon Beach Summit taking place October 2-3, 2013 at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica, Calif.
“We are thrilled to announce the Revenue.com acquisition and rebrand because it now fully conveys the company’s mission of giving publishers of all sizes the ability to generate revenue ‘outside the banner,’ so to speak,” said Revenue.com CEO and Co-Founder, Francisco Diaz-Mitoma (pictured).“After signing up over 800 paying advertisers to our system, the company remains well positioned to continue its rapid growth, and being a finalist in the Siemer Silicon Beach Summit demonstrates that our technology is the perfect native advertising tool for the masses.”
The patent-pending Revenue.com technology intelligently distributes sponsored content efficiently across its large network of publishers, both on the web and mobile. Once the content is categorically matched to a relevant publisher, it is manually approved by the site owner, and in just one click, automatically customized to resemble the look and feel of the host publisher’s site.
“Businesses like Forbes and the Atlantic have proven the sponsored content post model to be viable,” said Lee Fentress, chief revenue officer, Revenue.com. “Our technology automates that process and deploys it to the masses, and we believe that by giving publishers the ability to curate and post sponsored content on their sites, advertisers will be the ultimate beneficiaries.”
More about Siemer Silicon Beach Summit
The event encompasses two days of presentations, networking and relationship-building among over 500 digital media and technology leaders from various industries such as: mobile, advertising, data, e-commerce, social and gaming. Summit attendance is limited to select venture capital partners, entrepreneurs and C-level media executives and will close with the 2013 Siemer WaveMaker Awards ceremony, honoring standout early stage companies across a variety of industry segments as well as community leaders within Silicon Beach. For more information, visit http://www.siemer.com/siemer-silicon-beach-summit-2013/.
Santa Monica, CA-based Revenue.com is a pioneering native advertising company developing ground-breaking advertising technology that helps brands amplify the reach of their content. Using in-stream ads that blend seamlessly into a website’s experience to entertain and inform the right audience at the right time, Revenue.com earns its publishers more money by delivering up to 100X higher click-through rates than traditional banner ads. A self-serve platform that allows brands and online media producers to easily launch native advertising campaigns in under 60 seconds, Revenue.comdrives branded content to target audiences by allowing publishers to post ads natively to their website. To date, Revenue.com has signed up over 100,000 influencers and publishers to earn revenue from distributing sponsored articles and sponsored videos. For more information, visit www. Revenue.com.
About INVENT Ventures, Inc.
INVENT Ventures, Inc. (IDEA) is a publicly traded venture fund that builds and invests in transformative technology businesses. INVENT pursues ventures in the consumer Internet, mobile and biotechnology markets, and has built six companies at various stages of development. INVENT is headquartered in Santa Monica, California in the renowned Silicon Beach area. For more information on INVENT, visit www.invent.vc.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by