Teads Lands a $5.2 Million Series A Investment to Expand Adoption of its Disruptive Video Ad Tech Globally
MONTPELLIER, France, October 22, 2013 (ADOTAS via GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Teads, a provider of technology for video advertising innovation, announced that it has won a $5.2 million round of Series A investment from Partech Venture (Dailymotion, Digitick etc.) and Elaia Partners (Criteo, Scoop.it etc.) funds. The funding will support Teads’ global expansion in the video advertising market following the success of the company in France and the United Kingdom.
With great expertise in digital video advertising and with industry leading technology, Teads is set to become one of the fastest growing companies to watch in this sector. The funding will help Teads expand its international presence and grow its already impressive publisher customer base that includes globally recognized brands like Le Monde, Le Figaro, Financial Times, Forbes, The Economist, The Guardian, El Mundo, La Repubblica, Reuters, etc.
Founded in 2011 by Loïc Soubeyrand (pictured), Loïc Jaurès and Olivier Reynaud, the France-based start up helps publishers generate significant new revenue streams from innovative and user-friendly video ad formats that can run across many forms of content including articles, home pages, slideshows, music, video and social media pages.
With Teads’ technology it is no longer necessary for publishers to create editorial video content in order to tap video advertising budgets. Teads’ most renowned video ad format – called inRead™ – runs within articles and only when in view. Launched one year ago, it is now deployed in over 30 countries and by over 500 publishers. Teads successfully expands premium publisher’s video inventory, while guaranteeing ad visibility with 100% exposure time and high impact to advertisers. This places Teads in a perfect position to take advantage of the rapid growth of the video advertising market.
Teads was advised by the corporate finance firm Clipperton Finance. Pascal Gauthier, formerly COO of Criteo, joins Teads on this occasion as an independent administrator.
Loïc Soubeyrand, Teads CEO, says: “Our positioning as ”The Appnexus of video’ allows us to combine the strength of a technology platform’s business model with the creation of value from our innovative video ad formats. We can therefore support our publishers in the best way to help them respond to the new challenges and developments in video advertising.”
Loïc Jaures, Teads CTO, continues: “The proprietary platform we have developed is able to deliver billions of video impressions every month, and allows the processing and analysis of the collected data in real time. Moreover, it has proven scalability, and this technological asset will benefit every user of the platform.”
Jean-Marc Patouillaud, partner at Partech Venture, explains: “We are delighted to have the opportunity to follow Teads in its international deployment. We were instantly impressed with the disruptive monetization technology offered by Teads, which favorably answers the market’s expectations, both from the publisher’s and the advertiser’s point of view.”
Marie Ekeland, partner at Elaia Partners, adds: “We are convinced of the added value and the scalability of Teads technology’s business model. It came as natural step to help Teads develop quickly on an international level.”
Pascal Gauthier, Teads independent administrator, concludes: “The market for online video advertising is booming and Teads will be able to effectively support TV advertisers to invest in digital and help publishers better monetizes their inventory. Its technology platform and formats are very innovative and will enable the company to quickly expand internationally.”
A French start up founded in France in 2011 by Loïc Soubeyrand, Loïc Jaurès and Olivier Reynaud, Teads is a technology company expert in video advertising solutions. Teads produces innovative video ad formats for prestigious premium publishers, including a suite of “outStream” formats. The company aims to meet all the needs of publishers looking to monetize digital content.
With 30 employees, Teads quickly expands internationally, and has offices in London, New York, Sydney and Paris. In 2013, Teads received a $5.2 million investment from Partech Ventures and Elaia Partners to strengthen its international presence in the video advertising market.
About Partech Ventures
Partech is a venture capital firm based in San Francisco, Paris and Berlin. Started in 1982, Partech is a partnership with $650 million under active management. Its mission is to help outstanding entrepreneurs to succeed in a global economy. The firm looks for companies with a substantial technology or innovation leverage in internet and information technology. Partech manages seed and venture funds, allowing the firm to invest from $250,000 to $10 million in the early institutional rounds of high growth companies. For more information, please visit:http://www.partechventures.com/
About Elaia Partners
Founded in 2002, Elaia Partners is an independent private equity boutique specializing in investments in Digital Economy-related sectors. It seeks to hold board positions in its portfolio companies, helping them benefit from its management team’s 60 years of collective experience in technology and private equity. Elaia Partners currently manages more than $170 million, mainly through Elaia Ventures, a French FCPR fund backed by a wide range of LPs – financial institutions, industrials and family offices– and through funds delegated by 123Venture, Neotec and Crédit Agricole Private Equity. Elaia Partners is headquartered in Paris, France, with an office in London, United Kingdom.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than