Sumpto Raises $350K to Expand its Social Influencer Platform Targeting College Students
NEW YORK, October 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Sumpto, the emerging platform that measures the social influence of college students, is announcing today that it has secured $350K in funding from investors that include SocialStarts.net and Nick Brien, former CEO of McCANN Group. Founded in 2012, Sumpto aims to provide brands and marketers with a more granular way to target college students via Sumpto Scores, which are determined by an individual’s digital and real-life influence within their respective peer groups. Sumpto Scores not only measure an individual’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram activity and engagement, but also takes into account unique metrics that are specific to college students, such as academic, athletic and additional social organizations that college students are involved in.
Sumpto has garnered 17,500 college influencers (this number is steadily growing) since they launched out of beta on September 9, 2013, with over 1,800 students who have claimed Sumpto rewards, consisting of pertinent products that are tailored for each user. As an example, Sumpto partnered with Jabra and sought out 25 of the most influential college students in music. Each influencer was given a free pair of Jabra REVO Wireless Headphones to wear around campus and become brand ambassadors. This generated 487 likes and 276 comments on Facebook and resulted in an immediate reach of over 7.5 million unique impressions for the brand.
“After graduating college, I realized there was a huge disconnect between college students and brands,” says Sumpto founder Ben Kosinski (pictured). “I saw the potential to unite the two, and allow companies to filter through this demographic in order to target a very specific group of students, while also positioning these students as social influencers amongst their friends.”
By offering college students free perks and exclusive access to the newest products on the market, Sumpto provides a viable way for brands and marketers to establish mutually beneficial relationships with the most coveted, early-adopter communities on social media today who also collectively represents well over $120 billion in discretionary spending. Having emerged out of beta earlier this year in September, Sumpto has worked with brands that include Popchips, Greek Life Threads, Society43, EBoost and CollegeFest, to drive college influencer campaigns that have resulted in millions of unique impressions both online and off.
Founded by Ben Kosinski in 2012, Sumpto measures the social influence of college students and connects relevant companies with their community of college influencers. Sumpto has worked with Greek Life Threads, Society43, EBoost, Popchips and CollegeFest to provide students with enticing rewards.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than