Study: Paid Media Increases Facebook Organic and Viral Impressions 200%
PORTLAND, OR., October 14, 2013 (ADOTAS) – ShopIgniter, the company that is transforming how brands advertise to social mobile consumers, announced recently the findings of a first-ever benchmark analysis of over 2,000 Facebook News Feed posts from Q1 and Q2 2013 and their over 2 billion impressions and post-click performance. Chief among the findings was that over 51 percent of campaign engagement occurred on mobile; paid media not only vastly improves reach but also increases organic and viral impressions by up to 200 percent; and richer experiences decrease negative feedback rates by up to 600 percent.
Taken from a broad mix of campaigns and brands across objectives and industries, the posts and rich interactive experiences behind the posts were studied both individually and as a social ad unit. From this analysis, researchers found that:
- Post-click social rich media had an average conversion rate of 4.4%.
- Over 51% of total campaign engagement was on mobile.
- Photo and Link posts had among the best click through rates at .07% and .06% respectively.
- Richer experiences post-click drove down negative feedback rates 600%.
While organic and viral performance varied greatly based on the post type, the benchmark survey found that unpaid Status posts averaged 5x more organic impressions than any other unpaid post type.
Adding paid media, however, changes organic and viral reach significantly. With the addition of paid media, the Offer post type had the most average organic and viral impressions. The post types with the most average viral impressions as a share of average total impressions were Video which received a 36% viral boost and Offers that received a 23% viral boost.
“The key findings reflect the fact that Facebook ad performance is on par with the best performing digital channels, emphasizing the fact that social media marketing is the fourth leg of the digital marketing stool, alongside email marketing, SEO and display,” said Justin Kistner, primary author of the study and Senior Director of Strategy at ShopIgniter. ”While one size does not fit all, especially when paid media is involved, with this analysis in hand marketers can create a very effective Facebook post strategy that also supports their marketing objectives.”
“Moreover, the findings indicate that brands need to be smart about what post types they employ to support both short term tactics and long-term strategic goals,” Kistner added. “It is clear from this benchmark analysis that putting media dollars behind Facebook posts is a sound strategy, especially when it comes to offers and rich interactive experiences.”
Marketers may obtain a copy of the full results at ShopIgniter.
ShopIgniter’s powerful social rich media platform enables digital marketing leaders to reach and convert their social mobile consumers. Innovative brands like Ford, Toyota, Universal, Disney, GoPro, Sony, Target and Nike use the Igniter platform to publish, manage, and measure highly effective stream advertising campaigns that drive discovery, engagement and advocacy across networks and devices. Founded in 2009, ShopIgniter is headquartered in Portland, OR. www.shopigniter.com@shopigniter
- Pingback from Paid Media: Just Noise? | abbeedecsesznak
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]