Social Media Experts Viral Spiral & Collab Create Multi-Million-Dollar Trans-Atlantic Partnership
LONDON and LOS ANGELES, October 28, 2013 (ADOTAS) — London-based social video marketing experts, Viral Spiral, and LA-based video creator development studio, Collab, have today announced a strategic cross-border partnership to maximize opportunities around online brand entertainment and licensing, focusing initially on Twitter’s Vine platform.
Vine, Twitter’s micro-video social network, was one of the most-downloaded apps this year and now boasts over 40 million users. The mobile video app that lets users make and share 6-second videos has created a new generation of stars. Many of Collab’s pool of Viners have more followers than the world’s top celebrities and politicians including Ellen Degeneres, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, David Cameron, Paul McCartney and more.
Viral Spiral created and co-hosted a Vine Competition at WPP Stream in Turkey between 24-27 October 2013, and served as judge alongside New York fashion photographer Meagan Cignoli, who regularly works with major brands on Vine strategy and campaigns.
The immediacy and power of Vine can help companies and brands reach their audiences in a more engaging and authentic way and the partnership between the two companies promises to be formidable.
Damian Collier (pictured), Founder & CEO of Viral Spiral commented: “When Vine launched in early 2013, Collab were ahead of the curve in spotting emerging talent on the platform and signing them to their Network. We are thrilled to have created this strategic partnership with them, to maximise commercial opportunities for Collab and their creators”.
James McFadden, Co-Founder & CEO of Collab said: “Viral Spiral’s deep brand and agency relationships, and their expertise in licensing social media content is second to none and we look forward to working with them on this exciting new initiative”.
About Viral Spiral
Founded in 2011, Viral Spiral works with major Brands, Producers and Networks/Studios to help them grow audience, engage consumers and build brand loyalty, by connecting them with the world’s most popular organically-shared content.
Described by some as the “Getty Images for trending content”, Viral Spiral’s creative and innovative team has connected the best of that content with (amongst others) MTV, Coca-Cola, Nickleodeon, Leo Burnett, Saatchi & Saatchi, BBH, Samsung, Google, Sony Playstation, Blackberry, Ellen de Generes and Fuji.
The multi-million dollar partnership will see Viral Spiral exclusively handle all brand and licensing activity for Collab’s pool of Talent which already includes many of the top Vine creators (‘Viners’) such as Brittany Furlan (3.3M followers), KC James (2.6M followers), Jordan Burt (2.3M followers), Eric Dunn (2.2M followers), Curtis Lepore (2.2M followers) and Jessi Smiles (2.1M followers), and as well as opening up opportunities for that Talent to work with Viral Spiral’s extensive client base that includes many of the largest brands and creative/media agencies worldwide.
Viral Spiral also exclusively manages and monetizes the world’s largest Network of viral videos,generating 200M views/month including “Charlie Bit My Finger!” (the most-viewed UGC viral video of all time with over half a billion views in total) and many online creators with large subscriber bases.
Collab, LLC is a Downtown Los Angeles based Video Creator Development studio providing production resources and consulting to grow the audience and earnings of talented YouTube, Instagram, and Vine creators. Collab currently represents over 275 YouTube channels and many of the most popular Viners collectively receiving over 200 million views per month and growing.
Founded by long time YouTube Partners the McFadden Bros, Collab aims to support the next generation of digital filmmakers while also creating innovative entertainment properties for distribution across multiple platforms.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]