SAN FRANCISCO, October 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — The mobile app ecosystem is a highly competitive marketplace and it is extremely difficult for app developers to break through the noise. InMobi, the world’s largest independent mobile ad network, today issued its 1st InMobi App Insight Report analyzing data gathered from thousands of app promotion campaigns, giving app developers new insights and a competitive edge for driving more effective app downloads globally.
Based on in-depth research of more than 50 million app downloads, the report presents comprehensive trends and insights in app promotion. Some of the key insights from the report include:
- Five countries accounted for over 60% of all app installs: US, India, China, Japan and Indonesia;
- Interstitial ads delivered the best conversionson app promotions with up to 25% click-through and 10% conversions seen forsome game developers; also, the average conversions on the Android platformwere almost double that of other ad formats (3.6%);
- On iOS, the best conversions for social apps were seen on health and fitness sites (3.25 times that on gaming sites) while entertainment apps saw maximum conversions on communication sites (four times that on gaming sites);
- The cost to drive an app download is lower in many parts of the world compared to the US, with India being the least expensivemarket (60% cheaper than in the US);
- The UK is the most expensive market to drive anapp download (74% costlier than in the US); and,
- The cost per download (CPD) for travel and financial services apps were the highest (more than 40 times the CPD for games), and sports apps the least (around 0.76 times the CPD for games).