Optimal and Civolution Offer TV-Synced Ads via FBX; Pilot Sees 60% Lift in CTR
LOS ANGELES, October 23, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Civolution, the leading provider of technology and solutions for identifying, managing and monetizing content, and Optimal, Inc., the leading social advertising and analytics platform and recent winner of the Grand Prize in the Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer Innovation Competition for its Open Signals offering, today announced a partnership allowing brands and agencies to buy Facebook ads in complete synchronization with TV commercials.
Optimal and Civolution worked together on the first campaign using this product for a client’s upcoming entertainment launch.
“We were blown away by seeing a 60% lift for the Facebook News Feed ads that were synchronized to our advertiser’s TV ads, compared to a control group running the same day,” said Rob Leathern, Optimal founder and CEO. “With tens of millions of Facebook users logging onto the platform during prime time hours there is a tremendous opportunity to break through clutter and amplify TV commercials with a timely and direct advertisement on Facebook.”
Civolution’s ad-triggering service, SyncNow, which monitors nationally and internationally hundreds of cable and broadcast channels to identify TV ads in real time, was integrated with Optimal’s Open Signals and its Real Time Bidding (RTB) platform to automatically buy ads via Facebook Exchange (FBX) within two seconds of when the ad spots aired on TV. The pilot program found that Facebook News Feed ads that were synced in real-time to the TV broadcast spots experienced over 60% lift in consumer clickthrough rate (CTR). In addition, News Feed ads synchronized to competitive ads saw over 35% CTR lift compared to the control group.
“The connection of our ad triggering service with Optimal’s real-time bidding on Facebook proved to be a significantly powerful combination,” said Alex Terpstra, CEO, Civolution. “Brands can receive higher engagement from their digital spend by syncing those ad units to the TV spots, while in turn increasing the return on investment from their TV spend by making broadcast spots actionable on digital.”
These results show that RTB platforms, when paired with TV content identification, can provide a powerful platform for brands and agencies to deploy high value tactical buys that run for a limited time once a TV spot airs.
Civolution’s award-winning Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) based suite of solutions, SyncNow, already powers sync for a range of 2nd screen consumer applications for movie and show producers, broadcasters, 2nd screen platform providers and advertisers worldwide.
Civolution (www.civolution.com) is the leading provider of technology and solutions to identify, manage and monetize media content. The company offers an extensive portfolio of cutting edge digital watermarking and fingerprinting applications for media interaction (accurate and real-time video synchronization for 2nd screen and smart TVs), media intelligence (audience measurement and media monitoring for television, radio and internet) and media protection (content filtering and forensic marking of media assets in pre-release, digital cinema, pay TV and online). Follow us on Twitter: @Civolution.
About Optimal, Inc.
Optimal is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for real-time integrated audience analytics and ad buying for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Optimal is a LinkedIn Sponsored Updates partner, is live with the Twitter Ads API, and is a Facebook Exchange-qualified Preferred Marketing Developer. Optimal, a Brand Networks Company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices in Palo Alto, New York, London, and Chicago. Visit http:// optim.alto learn more.
- Pingback from Optimal And Civolution Are Buying The Full Synchronization Of Television Advertising On Facebook Ads | Adopsy
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]