Optimal and Civolution Offer TV-Synced Ads via FBX; Pilot Sees 60% Lift in CTR
LOS ANGELES, October 23, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Civolution, the leading provider of technology and solutions for identifying, managing and monetizing content, and Optimal, Inc., the leading social advertising and analytics platform and recent winner of the Grand Prize in the Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer Innovation Competition for its Open Signals offering, today announced a partnership allowing brands and agencies to buy Facebook ads in complete synchronization with TV commercials.
Optimal and Civolution worked together on the first campaign using this product for a client’s upcoming entertainment launch.
“We were blown away by seeing a 60% lift for the Facebook News Feed ads that were synchronized to our advertiser’s TV ads, compared to a control group running the same day,” said Rob Leathern, Optimal founder and CEO. “With tens of millions of Facebook users logging onto the platform during prime time hours there is a tremendous opportunity to break through clutter and amplify TV commercials with a timely and direct advertisement on Facebook.”
Civolution’s ad-triggering service, SyncNow, which monitors nationally and internationally hundreds of cable and broadcast channels to identify TV ads in real time, was integrated with Optimal’s Open Signals and its Real Time Bidding (RTB) platform to automatically buy ads via Facebook Exchange (FBX) within two seconds of when the ad spots aired on TV. The pilot program found that Facebook News Feed ads that were synced in real-time to the TV broadcast spots experienced over 60% lift in consumer clickthrough rate (CTR). In addition, News Feed ads synchronized to competitive ads saw over 35% CTR lift compared to the control group.
“The connection of our ad triggering service with Optimal’s real-time bidding on Facebook proved to be a significantly powerful combination,” said Alex Terpstra, CEO, Civolution. “Brands can receive higher engagement from their digital spend by syncing those ad units to the TV spots, while in turn increasing the return on investment from their TV spend by making broadcast spots actionable on digital.”
These results show that RTB platforms, when paired with TV content identification, can provide a powerful platform for brands and agencies to deploy high value tactical buys that run for a limited time once a TV spot airs.
Civolution’s award-winning Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) based suite of solutions, SyncNow, already powers sync for a range of 2nd screen consumer applications for movie and show producers, broadcasters, 2nd screen platform providers and advertisers worldwide.
Civolution (www.civolution.com) is the leading provider of technology and solutions to identify, manage and monetize media content. The company offers an extensive portfolio of cutting edge digital watermarking and fingerprinting applications for media interaction (accurate and real-time video synchronization for 2nd screen and smart TVs), media intelligence (audience measurement and media monitoring for television, radio and internet) and media protection (content filtering and forensic marking of media assets in pre-release, digital cinema, pay TV and online). Follow us on Twitter: @Civolution.
About Optimal, Inc.
Optimal is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for real-time integrated audience analytics and ad buying for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Optimal is a LinkedIn Sponsored Updates partner, is live with the Twitter Ads API, and is a Facebook Exchange-qualified Preferred Marketing Developer. Optimal, a Brand Networks Company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices in Palo Alto, New York, London, and Chicago. Visit http:// optim.alto learn more.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than