Mobile First: Examining Consumer Behaviors for Cross-Device Advertising
ADOTAS – During the recently completed 10th Annual Advertising Week, mobile advertising was a topic of heated discussion. But rather than focusing on specific creative executions or ad units for the platform, the conversation shifted towards consumer behaviors on mobile devices and how to leverage insights to more effectively delivery ads to the right person at the right time on their device of choice.
“The primary problem here is our collective ability to understand how a consumer’s mindset differs across environments – and then tailor our marketing accordingly,” said Ujjal Kohli, CEO of mobile video ad company Rhythm NewMedia. ”There is a value exchange that has to happen. Consumers must be shown relevant, engaging ads in exchange for premium and valuable content. If brands deliver irrelevant ads that do not not actively engage the consumer or even more to the point, do not run natively in premium, must-watch content, fair value exchange does not exist. And it’s a total disconnect.”
Kohli went on to discuss how digital marketers often make the mistake of simply porting over their desktop executions to the mobile environment, a move that sells short the whole opportunity represented by mobile.
“As a company, we are very clear on the differences between the desktop and mobile environments and advocate or enable solutions to help brands and publishers take advantage of that difference,” said Kohli. “Buyers and sellers of mobile video ads must realize ways that they can most effectively communicate with their audiences on these nascent platforms. Video is ideal because of the visual engagement opportunity.”
People who are passionate about mobile have truncated attention spans; therefore advertisers need to consider this when creating pithy, eye-catching ads that appeal to users with this mindset.
When asked specifically about the convergence of mobile and video experiences created by brans, Kohli commented, “Video is uniquely poised to take advantage of this, especially when thought is given to strategic ad formats for mobile video. So, we see the two very much working hand in hand to deliver success.”
Kohli said Rhythm NewMedia is focused on making video mobile ads more effective, investing in areas like: advanced targeting, optimizing completion rates, and user engagement,
“The long-term future of mobile will be very dramatic as it will absolutely become the first screen for consumer content consumption,” he added, “and advertisers must follow the consumer and innovate ways to engage and impact their brand perceptions.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than