MediaCrossing, a Digital Media Trading Firm, Launches with $6 Million Series A Financing
STAMFORD, CT., October 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Madison Avenue received an accountability, efficiency and liquidity boost today with the launch of MediaCrossing, a global independent digital media trading firm that is reinventing media buying and selling. At launch, the company offers trading execution and client facilitation services from its proprietary, innovative managed MX Platform™ for the benefit of publishers, marketers and agencies.
MediaCrossing is the brainchild of founders William A. (“Bill”) Lederer, MediaCrossing’s Chairman and CEO, a former Wall Street and Madison Avenue senior executive, and Ted Yang, MediaCrossing’s CTO and former Wall Street senior technologist.
The company’s launch is supported by a $6 million USD Series A equity financing round from Minder Cheng, Daniel Tierney, Steve Schuler, Jerry Putnam, Connecticut Innovations and Rialto Bridge Partners. At launch, the company has secured 18 clients and has 16 full-time employees.
“The digital media ecosystem is scaling more quickly than anyone imagined, thus creating both challenging new problems and opportunities. As a trader, MediaCrossing delivers optimized results for its business partners while reducing inefficiency, increasing transparency, and improving ad inventory eCPMs and sell through,” said MediaCrossing Founder and CEO Bill Lederer (pictured).
Lederer added, “The global market for programmatic digital media, in particular, is exploding, yet buyers and sellers gain nowhere near the economic and workflow benefits they should expect from automated trading. MediaCrossing is built to better bridge the market for display, video, social and mobile tradeable ad inventory. Other media channels will follow.”
“Large scale real-time bidded electronic trading is a proven method of increasing market efficiencies in financial and commodity markets around the world,” said Jerry Putnam, MediaCrossing Board member and investor, and former Vice Chairman, President and Co-Chief Operating Officer, NYSE Group. Previously Putnam was Founder and CEO of the electronic trading exchange, Archipelago, which was sold to NYSE. Putnam added, “What MediaCrossing is building as an efficient enabler of real-time bidded digital media trading is both innovative and much-needed and will transform media trading.”
Lederer is a former divisional CEO and C-level global digital media operating and strategy executive with Kantar, WPP’s media, marketing and data services division. Previously, Board member, WPP Digital, Kantar Digital, and Rewards Network, Lederer has had C-level roles at TNS, Getty Images, Art.com (Founder), and Minotaur (Founder). Yang was formerly Managing Partner, Stamford Innovation Center, has held technology leadership roles at investment firms Tudor, Bridgewater, Citadel and Salomon Smith Barney, and founded several startup companies including ChemPacific Corporation, Connex International and Epiomed Therapeutics.
Digital media and marketing industry analyst Jeff Zabin of IT market researcher Gleanster recently reported on the emergence of the independent digital media trader as an important new industry category. Regarding MediaCrossing, Zabin offered, “MediaCrossing is reinventing programmatic digital media and proving that combining financial services best trading practices, the right mix of data and technology, and proven Madison Avenue and Wall Street talent can deliver huge rewards for buyers and sellers at the same time.”
Powered by its proprietary MX Platform™, MediaCrossing is the independent digital media trading firm reinventing media buying and selling. The company was founded to bridge buyers and sellers easily, effectively and efficiently. MediaCrossing delivers exceptional value, execution, transparency and liquidity in tradeable ad inventory for publishers, marketers and agencies. Unlike other marketplace players, MediaCrossing may take principal positions on behalf of publishers, marketers and their agencies, thus assuming the risk of unsold inventory for the benefit of its partners. A world-class team of hands-on employee-owners leads the company with proven, successful and relevant Madison Avenue and Wall Street business, technology and marketing experience in the U.S. and EMEA. Headquartered in Stamford, CT, MediaCrossing is funded and advised by some of the world’s leading media, marketing and trading innovators, as well as Connecticut Innovations and Rialto Bridge Partners. Learn more at www.MediaCrossing.com. Follow MediaCrossing on LinkedIn and Twitter.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than