ADOTAS — This morning, Martini released an infographic that explores affluent spending in Q2 2013 vs. Q2 2012. The research revealed that affluent spending has increased 20% YOY and shows increased engagement with ads across specific categories.
Here are some of the highlights uncovered:
- 100k+ earners were 90% more likely to make a purchase online in Q2 than non-affluent.
- Affluent spending on apparel, accessories and jewelry is up 16% YOY.
- Affluent spending on video games and consoles is up 20% YOY.
- Affluent spending on luxury sites (like Tiffany.com) is up 20% YOY.
- Affluent audiences spend 217% more time with retail ads than the average user.
- Affluent audiences spend 151% more time with auto ads than the average user.
- Affluent shoppers are increasingly more likely to visit auto sites compared to non-affluent, with the gap in visitation growing 6% YOY.